grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade A minus
- Teachersgrade C minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade C+
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Florence Township Memorial High School is a public school located in Burlington, NJ. It has 452 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Florence Township Memorial High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A85 Students
- grade B+60 Students
- grade A minus60 Students
- grade C+53 Students
- grade A+44 Students
- grade B40 Students
- grade B38 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade B36 Students
- grade A31 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responses
- Football games and peprally30%
- Spirit week22%
- Any athletic events13%
- Pillow polo game13%
- Winter and spring concert13%
- Pep rallies4%
grade A minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,126 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 15 responses
Schools like Florence Township Memorial High School
- grade B+Cherry Hill High School West
- Cherry Hill School District, NJ
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 229 reviews
- grade BBordentown Regional High School
- Bordentown Regional School District, NJ
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 150 reviews
- grade B+Palmyra High School
- Palmyra Public School District, NJ
- Rating 4 out of 5 37 reviews
- grade B+Burlington Township High School
- Burlington Township Board of Education, NJ
- Rating 3.7 out of 5 424 reviews
Florence Township Memorial High School Reviews
Rating 3.19 out of 5 78 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I love Florence Township Memorial High School. I grew up in this town and there is just a sense of community when you attend the school. Everyone knows you, they know your name and your family and it is just nice to be apart of the experience. If I could change something about my school, it would be the environment. There are kids who drop out due to alcohol and drugs at a young age due to temptation and I would change our town to create a safer environment in which events like that would not occur and no one would drop out or fall harm to addiction.
Overall my experience at Florence Township Memorial High School was pretty good. I was able to learn a lot and I feel fairly confident about college. I like the smaller class sizes at my school because I get to connect to other students and to the teachers on a more personal basis. I would fix our resources, however. I feel as if we have some outdated books and curriculum so we don't learn as fast or as well as some schools may. And I would like to see the counselors help to push kids in a direction other than our local community college as some of us don't plan on attending one.
Overall, Florence Township Memorial High School is simply a small, traditional school. Many of our teachers went to the old Florence High School, so many of the same things prevail. There is not much push for change, as most of the adults do not want to see said change. However, the sense of community is definitely there and most kids know each other and were nice to each other.