Florence Middle School Reviews

The administration and teachers are dedicated and personally invested in our students. I’ve never seen principals attend so many events as our principals do. They are amazing and the new school is top notch. Our kids are blessed.
I think the school offers a lot of encore classes that let kids explore music, cooking, drama, and various other fields. My daughter is involved in the honors programs and also takes advantage of the online classes. They have a great a principle that encourages students to do well and be involved. My daughter is smart, but a little shy, but she has received encouragement from teachers and administrators. Their encouragement has helped her take part in student council and helped to express her ideas and plan events.
I hate Florence City Schools. I don't feel like the system is preparing my children for what's expected of them on the future.
Start Your Review of Florence Middle School
My daughter has had a good experience with FMS. She has been in the Florence system since Kindergarten and the overall experience has been good. They have good opportunities as far as extracurricular activities from sports to the arts, along with excellent academics.
We love Florence Middle School!! They have challenging teachers that help prepare the students for high school and college. The Adminstration is always available to talk to. Their new building is fabulous!! There are various clubs for students to participate in as well as sports the students can try out for. Even though the school is large the teachers try to make a connection with the students so they are more than just a face. Guidance councelors help students chose the best academic path for each student with partnership from the parents, too. The provide students to ale high school level classes at a middle school. Summer classes are available for students to get ahead on their academics classes. Overall we are pleased with Florence Middle School and all of the Florence City school System.
FMS offers many extracurricular activities for almost any interest a child would choose. Academics are excellent and offer many options for students including online classes and summer classes for kids who would like to get ahead. They are good at communicating with parents with any potential safety concerns. If I was able to make any changes it would be drop off times to be more accomdating to working parents, as 7:40am makes it difficult for parents to get to work by 8 am. Very excited for kids to move into the brand new facility!
Middle school is normally a very trying time for parents, but Florence Middle School has made it a breeze for my family. My son doesn’t complain about going to school and has become very active in athletics and academic groups. The only thing I’ve heard him complain about is the lunchroom food. The administrators are super friendly and always willing to help!!
I like all aspects of Florence Middle School. I feel they are doing a great job of preparing my child for college.
My son has thrived academically so far this year. He is enjoying it and seems happy. He has enjoyed his teachers, classes, and various clubs.
The new building for FMS is incredible!!! The facilities for the 7th and 8th grade students are state of the art and some of the most impressive that I have ever seen. The learning environment at FMS promotes a culture of high expectations both academic and behavioral. The faculty is caring and dedicated to helping students be their best. The school also offers a variety of clubs, activities, and athletic programs making it easy for students to get involved and be a part of their community.
What I like most about Florence Middle School is the family atmosphere between all of the teachers. This is only possible with great administration that put emphasis on being visual throughout the day and always having a clear line of communication. They set the example for all teachers and students to follow.
I also like the wide range of opportunities that are available to the students at the school. There are a large number of encore classes available that provide opportunities for students to explore different paths that they might be interested in. Some of the options are theater, dance, orchestra, band, robotics, coding, TV production, and many more. Students also have opportunities to earn high school credits in certain classes and also have opportunities to take virtual courses which can let them get ahead or open the door to take more encore classes.
FMS has a staff in place that has heart and determination to make a difference for every child. There are unlimited opportunities for students to find their passion with all kinds of encore and extra curricular options.
FMS has outstanding teachers who are devoted to making their students successful in all areas of their lives.
I liked the fact that most if not all teachers were nice and friendly. I would like to see the number of sports, group, and clubs increase.
I love Florence Middle School it has awesome teachers and I love the diversity and the sports opportunities.
I am a student and they keep us safe even if we are in trailers and they do alot of activities with us and I love it.
I really love florence middle school. Really the only thing I would like to see change is the food and I would like our parents to be more involved also better resources.
Start Your Review of Florence Middle School
Florence Middle School has a tremedous faculty. The teachers here strive to provided all students with the best opportunity for learning with research based educational strategies and data driven instruction. Also, students are encouraged to explore career opportunities in a wide variety of encore classes and extracurricular activities.
Florence Middle School is great place! The faculty/staff are friendly and try really hard to help students as needed.
I am a new teacher at FMS this year. Since my first day, the faculty and staff have been amazingly welcoming and helpful. The school has a great, positive atmosphere that makes the students feel comfortable in their learning environment. Administration provides their teachers with ample teaching tools, strategies, and ideas as well as encourage students to invest and be responsible for their own learning.