Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Florence High School is a public school located in Florence, AZ. It has 785 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Florence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B189 Students
- A186 Students
- A-163 Students
- C+116 Students
- B-86 Students
- A45 Students
- A+39 Students
- C+36 Students
- B+35 Students
- B27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Florence High School
Florence High School Reviews
Overall, this school is a really great school. I've had cousins, aunts, uncles, and many friends who graduated from Florence High School. So, it was really nice to be apart from this tradition to Graduate from this high school. When attending to Florence High School I knew I was going to have a great day. The teachers there were always welcoming and knew how to help students. I've made a lot of friends and they will be my life long friends. Even when I was struggling on a subject, a teacher or peer would gladly help me. I really liked when they did that because it made me feel more confident with my tests and finals. Florence High School really helped me grow as a person and I did mature much better when I was there. Florence High School was a great school.
My experience at Florence High School has been amazing but also rememberable. I've been provided the best education and opportunities to have a jumpstart in my adult life. I joined a program called CAVIT which gives students the opportunity to start a career and I choose Medical Assisting. I am grateful for being part of this school and I wouldn't want to go to a different one. Over the years, Florence High School has changed significantly and for the better. The only thing they could approve on is having more elective choices.
Although I graduated in 2011, and things very well may have changed for the better since then, I have to say that I had a less-than satisfactory experience attending Florence High School. My biggest complaint would be the lack of discipline/control of students and the teachers/administration that allows that kind of behavior. I would also like to see them improve their curriculum and become a more competitive and desirable school to go to.