Florence High School is an above average, public school located in Florence, AZ. It has 789 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Florence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A168 Students
- B166 Students
- A146 Students
- C+100 Students
- B71 Students
- A39 Students
- A+37 Students
- B+27 Students
- C+27 Students
- C+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.28 responses
Schools like Florence High School
Florence High School Reviews
Although I graduated in 2011, and things very well may have changed for the better since then, I have to say that I had a less-than satisfactory experience attending Florence High School. My biggest complaint would be the lack of discipline/control of students and the teachers/administration that allows that kind of behavior. I would also like to see them improve their curriculum and become a more competitive and desirable school to go to.
When I attended, there were many amazing teachers that really changed the way I viewed my academics. However, when students reported a case of a teacher bullying a fellow student, it was written off as the students “not understanding the situation” and being ignored. It rarely seemed like administration actually cared about the students.
Florence High School give their students many new opportunities to look at. They are are open to any and everyone. The students and teachers believe in accepting everyone for who the are and giving the love and respect they deserve. Florence High has also really lock down on their safety of their students and they have the DIG-IT program. DIG-IT stands for Diversity, Integrity, Grit, Independent, and Tradition.