Florence High School is a highly rated, public school located in Florence, AL. It has 1,031 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 56% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Florence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B306 Students
- A192 Students
- A-168 Students
- A159 Students
- A-96 Students
- C+82 Students
- B81 Students
- A-72 Students
- A-63 Students
- B57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 104 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
Florence High School Reviews
At Florence High School, there are many opportunities for their students to learn and advance the future! The instructors provide a cheerful attitude excellent teaching which allows them to be able to help their students if they have a bit of trouble. The school also has a large variety of classes such as welding, culinary, and even have a well-known fine arts program to help their students find out what their interests are and what they'd like to achieve in the future.
My experience at Florence High School has been an inspiring journey. Through the years, I have been opened up to so many opportunities. Florence is a very large diverse school. It has showed me that everyone can find a place somewhere and the teachers and staff are the most supportive people to have while deciding your path in life. They will do anything to help and I have taken advantage of that. Florence has so many different programs and clubs to involve all students in something. I wouldn't have wanted to spend my years of high school anywhere else.
Florence High School is outstanding in relation to its faculty, administration, and academics. The teachers are wonderful and are always there for you with any questions you have. They make sure that you understand everything they are teaching and that you are on track. Florence offers countless Advanced Placement classes for students to take in order to further their academic career. It also has a program called FAFA, also known as Florence Academy of Fine Arts, where students can take dance, piano, theatre, and many other art classes. Florence altogether is a great school, the only thing that I would like to see a change in is I would love for there to be more diverse clubs that the students can participate in.