Flippin High School is an above average, public school located in Flippin, AR. It has 200 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Flippin High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-47 Students
- A-45 Students
- B-34 Students
- B26 Students
- B22 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-15 Students
- B-10 Students
- B-9 Students
- B+6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Flippin High School
Flippin High School Reviews
I really like that Flippin High school is small. It means teachers have more time to help you one on one when needed most. Everyone knows everyone, we all grew up together. I´ve only been here since the fourth grade, but I have made some lifelong friends here and I couldn´t be anymore thankful. Although, there is one downfall, there is no diversity here. I think that diversity is very important while we are growing up. We should all be comfortable with diversity and most of the kids here are not comfortable with it.
I feel lucky to have attended what is considered a small school. Many of the students attended together since kindergarten, being taught by some of the same teachers who taught their parents. Living in a small community was beneficial as a majority of the town supported all extracurricular events. This made my experiences with team sports that much more special as we had very large crowds cheering us on. I feel that this environment is a large part of my reasons for continuing my education in a large college setting.
Our school offers an Interact program that encourages students to give back to their community. This goal is obtained in various ways including The Big Brother/ Big Sister Program, numerous volunteer opportunities and fundraisers. Student Council is made up of four representatives for each grade in high school. They perform many fundraisers to benefit both local and state wide charities.