Fleming County High School is a public school located in Flemingsburg, KY. It has 729 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-114 Students
- B-73 Students
- A-63 Students
- C+53 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-23 Students
- B-21 Students
- B+19 Students
- B18 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Fleming County High School Reviews
I do not feel that my experiences in high school has prepared me to be successful in college or in life. There is a "good enough" attitude found through out the school district. As a result, many students have developed an "average" mindset causing them to stop striving for success. For example, the grading scale makes it impossible for students to fail. Even those students who deserve to fail can still make it out with the same grade as someone who tries their hardest. Simply putting your name on a paper will give you a 50%.
I attended Fleming County High School for 4 years. The school is more worried about sports, receiving money, and their reputation rather than getting qualified teachers who want to see their students succeed. The thing that I most enjoyed about the school were the teachers that actually cared about their students and tried to help their students succeed.
A large variety of the teachers at fleming county high school do not care about whether the students actually learn anything or not. They can not go one day actually teaching the classes, they always talk about things that dont have anything to do with the subject. For example, in my English class the teacher would teach for about five minutes then either start flirting with the male students or she would start gossiping with the girl students.