Flathead High School is an above average, public school located in Kalispell, MT. It has 1,492 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Flathead High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+208 Students
- B-142 Students
- B-101 Students
- A+43 Students
- A-33 Students
- B+32 Students
- C+28 Students
- A-28 Students
- A26 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Flathead High School Reviews
Flathead has a great learning environment and had given me a great High School Experience! My teachers are all passionate about what they do and are always ready to encourage me to push myself. Overall, the best thing about Flathead is the positive energy from staff and students. Everyone is encouraged to honor both themselves and other students. Everyone is taught the importance of having personal pride and school pride where everyone does their best for themselves and the community. I have had some amazing experiences from Flathead and would encourage other people attend!
Flathead Has much pride! The school is very supporting in many things such as the Special Ed students and many clubs. The food can use some work, but other than that the teachers are very supportive!
The teachers are very helpful in providing well thought out care for students and student who need extra help. The students are very well taken care off throughout each class and through the school day like lunches before and after school. The administration is determined to make relationships with all the students and make an effort to know each and every one of us. Our sports are great learning experiences because we have amazing coaches to teach young kids like us about maturity, leadership, and integrity.