Flat Rock Community High School is a public school located in Flat Rock, MI. It has 581 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Flat Rock Community High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-69 Students
- A63 Students
- B+57 Students
- B+40 Students
- A+39 Students
- B35 Students
- B30 Students
- B+29 Students
- B26 Students
- B-25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Flat Rock Community High School
- C+Garden City High School
- Garden City Public Schools, MI
- 255 reviews
- BAirport Senior High School
- Airport Community Schools, MI
- 123 reviews
- B-Southgate Anderson High School
- Southgate Community School District, MI
- 358 reviews
- B-Monroe High School
- Monroe Public Schools, MI
- 352 reviews
Flat Rock Community High School Reviews
The atmosphere at FRCHS was great. I made so many great friends. However, there were several teachers who did their job fairly poorly. The clubs and extra curriculars available were limited. The academics were good, but did little to prepare us for college.
A great small campus school with a few AP classes and Dual enrollment. I participate in the vocational program, which helped me grow in my personal life and in my academics.
Teachers at Flat Rock Community High School (FRCHS) work very hard to ensure the students here learn as much as possible and to prepare them for their lives after high school. The grading policies are fair, consistent, and are constantly being examined to better them as much as possible. The teaching styles of teachers vary, but most work to accommodate the students in their current class. No one class is the same as another and the teachers at FRCHS listen to the students as to how they learn best. The teachers at FRCHS are very knowledgeable, even in courses outside of their area of expertise. Teachers are always willing to work with students to meet if additional instruction is required while working to best accommodate the student. The lessons are informative and keep the students engaged.