Fitzgerald Senior High School is a public school located in Warren, MI. It has 918 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 38% in reading.
Fitzgerald Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+210 Students
- A164 Students
- B147 Students
- A+116 Students
- C+103 Students
- B93 Students
- B+84 Students
- B-74 Students
- B+57 Students
- B+52 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.39 responses
Schools like Fitzgerald Senior High School
- C-Western International High School
- Detroit Public Schools, MI
- 284 reviews
- BWarren Mott High School
- Warren Consolidated Schools, MI
- 368 reviews
- C+Melvindale High School
- Melvindale-North Allen Park Schools, MI
- 94 reviews
- B-Clarenceville High School
- Clarenceville School District, MI
- 68 reviews
Fitzgerald Senior High School Reviews
Fitz has great diversity. I have met many people that come from many walks of life and thanks to that I have a greater understanding of others. I will also say that the teachers are wonderful. Many of them care about their work and students and want to help whenever they can. However, the administrators do not seem to listen or care too much about feedback from students. I have contacted many administrators and suggested feedback that could make the school better however they fail to consider any constructive feedback. They have ignored not only students feedback but, parents as well. The academics are not where they need to be. I have been in this school system for my whole life and now that it is time for me to move on to college, I feel as unprepared as ever. I have always done good in school and took advanced classes yet, I still underperform compared to average students at other schools. Fitzgerald definitely has to work on and improve college readiness.
This school has quite a few options of extracurricular activities to choose from in my opinion. We have really nice teachers who run these activities and take pride in them. The one thing is, is that very few people participate in the extracurricular activities because they either don't know about them or they are not interested in what's offered. Also the budget of money that's given for after school activities are sometimes not enough to allow groups to do what they really want to do but they really make the best of it and that's all that matters. One of my favorite groups is the Multicultural Diversity Club!
My experience at Fitzgerald wasn’t great at first, but then lightened up. My school always have great opportunities for students at school and make sure we enjoy our time at Fitz. Being an antisocial person I can honestly say for the short time I spent at Fitzgerald they were able to help me become more open and use my voice. I will remember my time at Fitzgerald, the students that made my time there great, and the staff members that contributed.