Fitzgerald Senior High School is a public school located in Warren, MI. It has 919 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 11% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Fitzgerald Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+234 Students
- A181 Students
- B163 Students
- A+131 Students
- C+112 Students
- B103 Students
- B+95 Students
- B-87 Students
- B61 Students
- B+61 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
Schools like Fitzgerald Senior High School
- BWarren Mott High School
- Warren Consolidated Schools, MI
- 382 reviews
- C+Melvindale High School
- Melvindale-North Allen Park Schools, MI
- 97 reviews
- B-Clarenceville High School
- Clarenceville School District, MI
- 72 reviews
- C+Lee M. Thurston High School
- South Redford School District, MI
- 204 reviews
Fitzgerald Senior High School Reviews
Fitz has great diversity. I have met many people that come from many walks of life and thanks to that I have a greater understanding of others. I will also say that the teachers are wonderful. Many of them care about their work and students and want to help whenever they can. However, the administrators do not seem to listen or care too much about feedback from students. I have contacted many administrators and suggested feedback that could make the school better however they fail to consider any constructive feedback. They have ignored not only students feedback but, parents as well. The academics are not where they need to be. I have been in this school system for my whole life and now that it is time for me to move on to college, I feel as unprepared as ever. I have always done good in school and took advanced classes yet, I still underperform compared to average students at other schools. Fitzgerald definitely has to work on and improve college readiness.
This school has quite a few options of extracurricular activities to choose from in my opinion. We have really nice teachers who run these activities and take pride in them. The one thing is, is that very few people participate in the extracurricular activities because they either don't know about them or they are not interested in what's offered. Also the budget of money that's given for after school activities are sometimes not enough to allow groups to do what they really want to do but they really make the best of it and that's all that matters. One of my favorite groups is the Multicultural Diversity Club!
Fitzgerald is a close family oriented school. We all think of eachother as a part of our families. The education was great they have it where you can go take college classes while in high school and go to different schools to take a special class such as nursing. At the school the teachers think of their students as their own children. They care for your health and for you to succeed. Now they have free lunch and breakfast for those who can't afford it. They have tons of sports you can get involved with and clubs like the multicultural club. This high school being so diverse you learn new things about different cultures and to learn new experiences such as different types of food and dances.