Fitzgerald High School is a public school located in Fitzgerald, GA. It has 831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 33% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Fitzgerald High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-86 Students
- B+77 Students
- A+74 Students
- B-71 Students
- B+39 Students
- A-39 Students
- C+23 Students
- C+22 Students
- NG22 Students
- C+21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Fitzgerald High School Reviews
I personally didn’t know what college was going to be like until this past summer when I took a college dual enrollment class. Fitzgerald high school needs to make it mandatory for students to complete a college-preparedness assessment or have them complete a weekend college preparatory class? Advanced Placement classes are the closest things to a college-preparedness class, but even then it won’t make up for all of the different things you must adjust to during college. Developing skills such as time management are taught firsthand, but these skills will fade if they aren’t reinforced regularly. Money management is another skill that is necessary to live well in this country. And what happens when credit comes into play? If most young adults don’t understand what credit is or how it works, when will they learn? They may end up learning the hard way and starting off with bad credit, and they shouldn’t be taught that way.
My experience at Fitzgerald High School was alright but it definitely could've been better. I've made a lot of good friends at this school and have built some relationships with the majority of my teachers that I have had for a couple of years. A thing that needs to change is the teachers at FHS need to be a little more strict and start doing something about the kids that don't behave well. Another thing about our school that needs to change is that most of our money should go to our actual education and not mostly to football. I wish I could give this school higher but due to all the different aspects of this school I can't and won't.
I went to Fitzgerald High School and it was a pretty good school! Of course every school has its flaws, but everyone who attends LOVES their purple hurricanes! You can most certainly count on your community, school, and peers to be behind you in everything!