Fitchburg High School is an above average, public school located in Fitchburg, MA. It has 1,207 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 73% in reading.
Fitchburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+150 Students
- A137 Students
- A+93 Students
- B68 Students
- B+64 Students
- A+55 Students
- C+54 Students
- A+52 Students
- C+48 Students
- A+45 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Fitchburg High School
- B+Clinton Senior High School
- Clinton Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 37 reviews
- BMontachusett Regional Vocational Technical School
- Public School
- Fitchburg, MA
- 197 reviews
- BMilford High School
- Milford School District, NH
- 193 reviews
- BLeominster High School
- Leominster Public Schools, MA
- 130 reviews
Fitchburg High School Reviews
So far so good. Teachers are nice, they are more understanding than at most other schools. Food here is actually pretty great! Plenty of choices of food. The only thing that could change for the better is the way new students are introduced to the school and their peers. It was quite hard for me to make friends straight away, as most of the students didn't want new friends. So maybe they should create a program that introduces new students to people open enough to make new friends. Other than that its a great school!
Honestly, your experience here is highly subjective. The more you seek from this school, the more you’ll get from, and vice versa. There are so many hidden gems here such as : excellent teachers if you’re taking advanced classes, lots of freebies, superb diversity, competent/helpful staff and administrators, many scholarship opportunities and programs to register into, etc. Fitchburg High School attracts quite the crowd, and if you can look beyond the bad things that you’ll find anywhere, you’ll find paradise in your bubble. If you come here with goals to achieve and bring versatility, your visions will materialize before your eyes.
I like that Fitchburg High School is a diverse school, and the people are very frinedly. I came into my freshman year not knowing anyone but everyone was very welcoming and I made friends within the first week of school. Ever since then I've taken it upon myself to do the same for others too. On top of that the teachers are very helpful and friendly and really make you feel like you're in a safe learning environment. Administrators take it upon themselves to know every students name, so Fitchburg High is very inclusive.