Fitch High School is an above average, public school located in Youngstown, OH. It has 1,504 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Fitch High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B314 Students
- B161 Students
- A+133 Students
- B-108 Students
- A-83 Students
- B77 Students
- A46 Students
- B33 Students
- B33 Students
- A+29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like Fitch High School
- BLaBrae High School
- LaBrae Local School District, OH
- 92 reviews
- B-Sharon High School
- Sharon City School District, PA
- 33 reviews
- B-Struthers High School
- Struthers City School District, OH
- 73 reviews
- A-Boardman High School
- Boardman Local School District, OH
- 218 reviews
Fitch High School Reviews
The teachers - at least 95% of them - are highly knowledgeable, dedicated, and passionate about serving the best interests of their students. The building itself is in adequate but not great condition, having been built in the 1960's. A decent variety of curriculum is offered, though scheduling often appears to be an issue. The college readiness portion extends only so far as each individual student is willing to put the effort forth--Fitch has produced Ivy League scholars to less than spectacular alumni. The administration sometimes lacks quality communication or competency; but more often than not, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt in at least trying their best. Sports are far heavily favored and better funded - perhaps unnecessarily excessively - than any other extracurricular activity.
Though my time at Fitch High School isn't over, my experience over the last three years has been poor. Teachers and guidance counselors alike stand by while students are bullied and harassed. There are also some teachers who don't care if you were sick in the hospital for four days, because the homework was online so "you should have done it." If you ask them to review something you don't understand, 9/10 times, the answer will be no. The district spends obscene amounts of money on sports, but girls have to use the bathroom in a stall with no door. Ceiling tiles crumble and fall to the ground on a daily basis. This year, the school got rid of our library and media center, and now it's just a room for Study Hall. Never once have I felt that the entirety of the staff or administration at Fitch High School or the Austintown Local School District was entirely devoted to helping each and every one of its students.
I was a student at Austintown Fitch High School all four years of my high school experience. The teachers that I had classes with were very well prepared for lessons, and I learned a lot of life skills from them along with my education. I am so proud to be an alumnus of this high school!