Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
First Flight High School is a highly rated, public school located in Kill Devil Hills, NC. It has 847 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
First Flight High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+167 Students
- A+143 Students
- B126 Students
- B+112 Students
- A-110 Students
- B+82 Students
- B48 Students
- B43 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 15 responses
- Spirit Week87%
- Pep rallies7%
- Sport events7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
First Flight High School Reviews
As all schools, First Flight High is no exception. Yet when it comes to a close nit community and friends for life, this is definitely the place to come to. The teachers here are exceptional, they will work after school with you which means giving up free time with their own families to benefit you in anyway possible. Inside the school there are more clubs that are student run than I can count! From morning yoga sessions to environmental science clubs. From my time as a student here I can't say I could ever seriously complain about any of the staff involved within the school. One of our very own English teacher goes out of her way to make sure kids that one to go but can't exactly afford to go-can go on spring trips that are provided by the school. Overall, I can't convince you that this school is the best one out there. All I can say is that it's my home and I doubt I would trade it for any other high school in the world based on the people who made it that way for me.
I enjoy sports. Our sports program is great. The teachers are average, they prepare us for college and that is it. there are a couple teachers I love. The kids are actually pretty mean, everything revolves around popularity. What can you expect tho, everybody is a beach bum. Most kids get good grades even if they are mean. I love basketball, our varsity boys team is the best team ever! They are about to play the 2nd round of the playoffs! They dominate!
First Flight High School is a pleasant school that does its best to listen to the individual students and provide the resources necessary. They offer many classes to create a custom schedule appealing to specific students. However, the staff that they hire contains many issues. Many staff members do not treat the students with the respect they deserve as human beings, but the school chooses to look past this. Despite this flaw, First Flight High School is still an overall benefit to me and many other students.