- New York City Geographic District No. 3
Fiorello H. Laguardia High School Of Music & Art & Performing Arts Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+289 Students
- A+209 Students
- B172 Students
- A-149 Students
- A134 Students
- A+130 Students
- A+125 Students
- B-120 Students
- A-119 Students
- A+108 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.95 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.95 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 421 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.100 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.131 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.131 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.131 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.135 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.135 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.135 responses
Fiorello H. Laguardia High School Of Music & Art & Performing Arts Reviews
Review Fiorello H. Laguardia High School Of Music & Art & Performing Arts
My experience with my past and current teachers has been great! My AP composition teacher from my junior year was very inspiring and opened my eyes and educated me in a lot of topics I didn't usually pay attention to or was aware of in the past. Although he was an english teacher, he taught us about climate and change. We watched several documentaries and read books on how animal agriculture is the one of the biggest problems we face when dealing with climate change and the negative effects that meat consumption has not only on the environment but on our own health perspectives. I also became more interested in politics and learning more about environmental studies which has lead to my decision of taking an AP course in it this year.
Being that LaGuardia is both an arts school and an academic school, there is such a variety of classes to choose from. That's definitely what I love about it. I love that fact that the kids here are so uniques and so passionate about their art. There's so many different AP classes where the student can challenge themselves and there's also many rigorous art classss. For example, I'm in senior chorus, one of the hardest chorus' to get into in my school. However, I'm not sure if I would do it over again, because although Inhad many great experiences here and made many great friends, I'm ready for college!
Fiorello H. Laguardia High School certainly has a diverse body of students who are selected based upon their strong, academic background as well as their artistic talents. Every student, whether they are gay or have pink hair, is accepted and embraced. Students can explore the arts by taking sundry classes pertaining to what they enjoy. Although the students have numerous opportunities within the arts, the academics offered at Laguardia are limited and there isn't room to advance. Usually, teachers don't offer help outside of class, and are not organized with their material. The school doesn't ensure that all students know vital information for college admissions, and the guidance counselors are never available. They do, in fact, offer extracurriculars for interested students. Either way, Laguardia is a brilliant opportunity for headstrong, independent students with a passion for the arts.