Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade A+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Fife High School is an above average, public school located in Tacoma, WA. It has 877 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 38% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Fife High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A250 Students
- grade A minus171 Students
- grade B minus141 Students
- grade B+125 Students
- grade B+111 Students
- grade B+102 Students
- grade B minus91 Students
- grade B+72 Students
- grade B+71 Students
- grade C57 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 17 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 92 responses
- Cabbage patch23%
- Football games15%
- Spring fling13%
- Winter Wishes12%
- Mr. Fife8%
- Lean on Me5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$11,530 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 30 responses
Schools like Fife High School
- grade B+Gov. John Rogers High School
- Puyallup School District, WA
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 419 reviews
- grade BWilson High School
- Tacoma School District, WA
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 241 reviews
- grade B minusAuburn High School
- Auburn School District, WA
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 211 reviews
- grade B minusGraham Kapowsin High School
- Bethel School District, WA
- Rating 3.6 out of 5 389 reviews
Fife High School Reviews
Rating 3.9 out of 5 212 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Very inclusive school with lots of diversity amongst staff and students! Many clubs, sports, and student-lead organizations. Has phenomenal staff members and good teachers who truly care about student's well being and education. Good athletics and attendance from the student body.
Fife may be a small 2A school, but that happens to be one of its advantages. Everyone knows everyone, and everyone is considered family. Fife’s students have so much passion towards the school. It is fun to attend Friday night football games, because it's known that the stands are going to be packed with crazy fans. Fife is also a school full of teachers and staff members who genuinely care about their students. Teachers are there for kids beyond the classroom and provide advice for any situation. Fife is overall a great place to be a high school student. However, the school itself is over 100 years old, which means that the buildings are not in the best conditions. The ceiling tiles often leak, the bathrooms are very smelly, and one year the pipes broke during the winter, causing it to be extremely cold in the classrooms. We ended up missing a couple days of school from that, too! If Fife could upgrade some of its facilities, then the school would have nothing but positive reviews.
Fife high school is made up of a small community of students, which makes the atmosphere more friendly and family-like. When new students or 10th graders arrive, we greet them with a huge welcome on the first day, also giving them tours of the school and answering any questions. The teachers at fife are very encouraging, supportive, and willing to be flexible for students' needs. Fife high school is a relatively low crime school, with only two fights in its history and no major violence. Safety isn't a problem, especially with the police station and fire station being two minutes away! The academics taught at the school are average, I would think, and the selection of courses taught increases with each year. The school now offers seven total AP courses and has several electives to choose from in all kinds of categories. Overall, I love Fife High school for its friendly environment, spirited teachers and students, creative and unique activities/culture, and feeling of safety.