Fieldcrest High School is a public school located in Minonk, IL. It has 341 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 5% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Fieldcrest High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+37 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+20 Students
- B-16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B14 Students
- B12 Students
- B+11 Students
- B9 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Fieldcrest High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Fieldcrest High School
- BEl Paso-Gridley High School
- El Paso-Gridley Community Unit School District No. 11, IL
- 41 reviews
- C+Lowpoint-Washburn Junior/Senior High School
- Lowpoint-Washburn Community Unit School District No. 21, IL
- 23 reviews
- B+Flanagan-Cornell High School
- Flanagan-Cornell District No. 74, IL
- 10 reviews
- BWoodland High School
- Woodland Community Unit School District No. 5, IL
- 15 reviews
Fieldcrest High School Reviews
Fieldcrest is in a gray area for opinions; I enjoy the things that I am a part of however the way instances have gone down is questionable. Students here are typically all involved in at least one extracurricular and most do well academically. The building itself is showing her age, and we lose a lot of learning time due to heat dismissals and snow days.
I participate in most of the clubs offered at Fieldcrest High School. Key Club, National Honor Society, and Student Council are the clubs that are students helping other students and the community. They all include a lot of responsibilities and are of fantastic quality. I am also in drama club, and it was just established as a club this year. I anticipate that they will do more with the club next year. We have always had a fall play and spring musical, and I have participated in two plays and three musicals thus far. These things are all supported by administrators, but we raise our money in band and drama because there is not enough money to go around. Our athletic programs are of good quality and have a large participation. Football and basketball are the largest organizations.
I would say that all of the teachers are of good quality, interested in the students consistent in grading and knowledgeable. Some have teaching styles that are hard to understand because they are teaching difficult material and are not presenting it in the best way. Communication skills while teaching is not excellent in certain classes, but for the most part, it is adequate. Several teachers have a teaching style that is set in stone, and you have to adapt to them. Teachers not adapting to students adds another challenge to learning, and I had success with those teachers, but those that refused to change or just could not adapt did not have much success.