Festus Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Festus, MO. It has 870 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Festus Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B53 Students
- B-52 Students
- A43 Students
- B+42 Students
- A38 Students
- B+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- B24 Students
- A22 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Festus Senior High School
- BFox Senior High School
- Fox C-VI School District, MO
- 196 reviews
- BNorthwest High School
- Northwest R-I School District, MO
- 179 reviews
- BWindsor High School
- Windsor C-I School District, MO
- 47 reviews
- B+Jefferson High School
- Jefferson County R-VII School District, MO
- 64 reviews
Festus Senior High School Reviews
I love my school! I am involved in National Honor Society and the Peer Mentoring program and through it I have met amazing people and have learned how to work well with others and expand my academic understanding altogether. Though I have had a few problems with some teachers when it comes to my understanding of the curriculum, in general, each department has a couple of exceptional teachers who are willing to help students from other classes besides their own.
After transferring from another school to Festus Senior High School, I stand astounded by the positive nature of this high school. Mainly all teachers and faculty staffs brimmed sunlight and rays of laughter. I stood quiet for the first two years of Festus and the last two years I venture out and converse with most the of members creating a unique sort of friendship. Not only do the staffs provide a cushion of friendliness, the teaching are quite well done by the teachers own standard. The information from my AP classes were simply amazing. Sweating blood and tears, the AP teachers managed to forge their own ways of teaching while following a strict curricular of AP classes. By allowing such a different array of teaching, I managed to learn so much from the AP classes which I definitely recommend picking up the AP classes at the cost of a load of homework which will indeed be used in the future.
Festus High schools has been one of the best things that has ever happened to me. They have so many clubs and groups, that I've met a very diverse group of people. The teachers are great as well, they teach us so much and despite the stress we put on them from time to time, they handle us very well. We learn so much and that is what makes our school very special, because we don't just want to graduate, we want to succeed. This is why Festus High School is the best and why it's students will always strive to succeed in their everyday life.