Ferndale High School is an above average, public school located in Ferndale, MI. It has 677 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Ferndale High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+128 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+90 Students
- B+80 Students
- B77 Students
- B+73 Students
- B+62 Students
- B-58 Students
- C+45 Students
- B36 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Ferndale High School
- CUniversity High School
- Ferndale Public Schools, MI
- 100 reviews
- BWaterford Mott High School
- Waterford School District, MI
- 166 reviews
- B-Wayne Memorial High School
- Wayne-Westland Community School District, MI
- 412 reviews
- B-Truman High School
- Taylor School District, MI
- 91 reviews
Ferndale High School Reviews
Ferndale High School has a good academic program. They focus on teaching you the right things you can hold on to for life. I've learned some life lessons while attending there by participating in extra-curricular activities, such as sports and band. Managing my time while maintaining good grades was my main priority!
I love Ferndale High School a lot. Only because I am a student at Ferndale High. I am a 10th grader there. I feel safe at Ferndale High. It is a great place to attend and it is a great place where you can be yourself. Ferndale lets you be who you are and what you are. It doesn't matter if you are LBGTQ or not. Ferndale High loves you for you and nothing more. Ferndale High School has a lot of amazing school plays, musicals, sports, classes, teachers, and staff. I do recommend any student that doesn't go to Ferndale High School, to go to Ferndale High School. Ferndale High School is a great place to go to. I hope that you do go to Ferndale High School and enjoy being at Ferndale.
I mainly liked how diverse the school was. Compared to other schools like berkley, royal oak, and lamphere, Ferndale seems to be the most diverse. In the school there are so many different types of students and people that it is hard not to find someone to relate to. The only thing I would change is by adding something. The school needs more whole school or class related activities for students to do. Like class field trips where all of the 12th or all of the 11th go on a field trip together. This will strengthen relationship between kids in the school.