Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade C+
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Fenton Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Fenton, MI. It has 1,164 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Fenton Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A247 Students
- grade B+160 Students
- grade A+159 Students
- grade B152 Students
- grade B121 Students
- grade B96 Students
- grade B+93 Students
- grade C81 Students
- grade B minus71 Students
- grade B minus68 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B+
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 55 responses
- Football games25%
- Band concerts9%
- Choir concerts7%
- Pep assemblies7%
- Swim meets7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$10,134 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 30 responses
Schools like Fenton Senior High School
- grade BGoodrich High School
- Goodrich Area Schools, MI
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 147 reviews
- grade B+Lakeland High School
- Huron Valley Schools, MI
- Rating 3.79 out of 5 225 reviews
- grade BHowell High School
- Howell Public Schools, MI
- Rating 3.65 out of 5 510 reviews
- grade BHolly High School
- Holly Area School District, MI
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 223 reviews
Fenton Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.65 out of 5 169 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
As graduation nears and my four years at Fenton High School come to their end, as far as education and overall atmosphere are concerned, I cannot say that there is much that I will miss. In an area so close to Flint, a city known for its diversity and poverty, I have never felt so isolated from this reality. Fenton as a district has always been predominantly white. This was not something that stuck out to me until I began high school and not only competed in sports, but attended home games that I noticed just how much diversity was lacking compared to all of the schools around us. As far as education is concerned, I have had very few teachers in these four years that have had a lasting impact. On top of this, Fenton High School chose years ago to transition from AP to the IB Diploma program, replacing AP courses with their—harder and less recognized—IB counterparts. All of this for the sake of the 3-4 students who actually attempt to receive this diploma each year.
I’ve gone to fenton high school my entire high school career and i’ve loved it! the staff, people and community is all around great. I’ve had a great experience and highly recommend this school to anyone and i’m blessed to have all these memories at this school.
Overall the school is good, but as is true with all things there are flaws. Fenton Senior High School is great when it comes to IB but for those seeking a position in a STEM related field things could be better. The school offers the chance to go full IB or take AP classes with dedicated and intelligent teachers with years of experience teaching. When I started high school there were several CAD classes for students wishing to acquire a STEM job, but sadly the one teacher left and the school dropped the class. Fenton High is an excellent fit for those with a passion of the arts or those who wish to climb above and go full IB.