Fenton Senior High School is a public school located in Fenton, MI. It has 1,123 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Fenton Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A165 Students
- A+110 Students
- B106 Students
- B+102 Students
- B-84 Students
- B66 Students
- C60 Students
- B+60 Students
- B-42 Students
- B39 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Fenton Senior High School Reviews
I really enjoyed block scheduling which I experienced throughout all four years of my high school career. The alternating A & B day classes provided flexibility with homework and a more organized learning experience. Technology in the school is growing also, with many new digital displays in certain classrooms and easily accessible laptops for online work. I wish that Fenton High would however focus on making a streamline decision on how its curriculum will line up with online resources. While many teachers utilize Google classroom for their courses, its not mandatory leading to many other teachers choosing different ways causing confusion and inconvenience. A great experience overall though, highly suggest it for a diverse and productive high school experience.
Most teachers were fair grading wise, some were biased through the years. Many classes were offered, although I believe more could be available within the science department. Not only were they excellent for academia, they were also well known for their great sports teams. Staff pushes students towards succeeding and will offer any assistance needed.
the principal does not interact with the students. In fact, he believes the kids all lie. The principle does not return emails. He will not set up appointments with parents to discuss problems. Teachers make kids go to area restaurants and buy food for fund raising and the kids must bring in a receipt for a grade. This is "pay for grades" which is not legal in the state of Michigan. WE had a meeting with the teacher, the principal and the acting superintendent last year and nothing has changed. Athletes get special privileges and are treated differently than the other students, even the top GPA earners. Teachers are lazy - show movies and complain to the students about pay and conditions. The student bathrooms are never stocked with toilet paper or paper towels. Office staff is rude even to parents. Do not recommend this school.