Fenton Senior High School is a public school located in Fenton, MI. It has 1,155 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 43% of students are at least proficient in math and 74% in reading.
Fenton Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A170 Students
- A+116 Students
- B113 Students
- B+106 Students
- B-87 Students
- B71 Students
- B+65 Students
- C62 Students
- B-45 Students
- B-43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.27 responses
Fenton Senior High School Reviews
I really enjoyed block scheduling which I experienced throughout all four years of my high school career. The alternating A & B day classes provided flexibility with homework and a more organized learning experience. Technology in the school is growing also, with many new digital displays in certain classrooms and easily accessible laptops for online work. I wish that Fenton High would however focus on making a streamline decision on how its curriculum will line up with online resources. While many teachers utilize Google classroom for their courses, its not mandatory leading to many other teachers choosing different ways causing confusion and inconvenience. A great experience overall though, highly suggest it for a diverse and productive high school experience.
Overall I enjoyed my experience at Fenton Senior High School, I was lucky enough to have fantastic teachers all four years. I know there are some couple teachers who students do not enjoy having but I was fortunate enough to never have their classes. From my personal experience, the college readiness was severely lacking as far as advisory in finances go so that sucks but not too shabby everywhere else.
After going to school here for four years, The experience hasn't been very bad. However, the school is losing money which limits our resources. Some students also collectively agree that the school spends too much money on their sports programs and not enough on education.