Felix Varela Senior High School Reviews

This is a pretty diverse school, with good teachers and amazing people who will mark your life. Sometimes it could get difficult, however you will always know that with some effort you are going to get what you want, here at Felix Varela Senior High
Very well equipped school and it was a pleasure to attend this wonderful school. I really enjoyed my time here. The professors are wonderful people that really care about their students.
I liked that the teachers were genuinely interested in the students learning. However, there was a lack diversity and activities and food options.
Start Your Review of Felix Varela Senior High School
The teachers and classes are very good and i enjoy spending my 4 years there as a Varela Viper. I have spent the majority of my time doing as good as possible in my classes and usually have no problem finding what i need there. As I am approaching the end of the road everything in terms of my future goals have been set and everything is becoming clearer to me.
I can honestly and wholeheartedly say that I enjoyed my four years at Felix Varela. I definitely owe my academic success to the extraordinary teachers, especially the AP teachers, that truly go above and beyond to prepare their students for college.
I like how Felix Varela wants their students to have a fun and safe time. However, one thing I would like to change is the lack of school spirit among the students and faculty.
It would be much better if the school hires professional teachers rather than having the sports team coaches teach a class.
I graduated from Felix Varela and had a great experience. The school was very organized and teachers were concerned about the knowledge you receive everyday. I made many lifelong friends and wish i can relive my high school experience again.
Its a good school, however there is a focus on scores rather than the students sucess. counselors are the worst.
Felix Varela is a place of great value to me, not only because ill be graduating from there but for the simply reason that my sister completed her 4 years there as well. I have built great athletic memories and academically have been pushed throughout my schooling. The only thing I don't like about Varela is its lack of support for its dominant sports like soccer
During my time at Felix Varela Senior High School, I loved the experiences that I shared with my teachers. As an AP student, I had the privilege of working with teachers who were incredibly passionate and devoted to their subject, whether it be Art History, Literature, Language, Foreign Language, Psychology, or others.
I would like them to make it harder for students to walk out. They should have more college prep classes and dual enrollment classes. They should push ap classes less. The teachers should be less slack and actually know how to teach. They should find ways to make the students show more spirit.
I like from Felix Varela Senior High School that they give recognition to students, and try to make they comfortable in the environment of the school, also that the school have a lot of community programs, and they try to make students with Autism, Down syndrome, as part of the average student, doing things as Autism week and doing big sport activities with them. What I don't like is that they don't have a big diversity of Ap classes and sometimes, the food is really bad.
This school is draining, and not as in saying there is too much work. This school just physically drains you. Don't recommend. I was in the Iprep program and they squeeze you so you can pass all their AP Test and make the school look good. They drain you 100%.
Felix Varela Senior High is a great school. Students have control of choosing what they'd like to do later in life. As a school, Felix Varela has a ton of upside. Ms. Nery Fins (our principal) has done a tremendous job turning Felix Varela Senior High in to an excellent academic school. For example, it was announced just yesterday that Felix Varela Senior High had the AP testing scores in our district. Mr. Carlos Escobar is not only an amazing teacher but he's also known amongst the AP community. He is one of the writers for AP exams and has taken Ms. Natalie Castillo under his wing and collectively they have developed a fantastic group of students for CAPSTONE. Furthermore, Felix Varela has a new Athletic Director, Mr. Ryan Schneider. Coach Schneider got promoted this year from teacher to AD. The culture in the hallways is changing and classrooms are filling up with Viper Pride. Felix Varela Senior High has so much to offer as a school and it's only going to get better from here.
The teachers care a lot about students they teach great, patiently and in a caring way. The environment there is very chill and encouraging to study.
Throughout my four years, my greatest experience has been my involvement in Advanced placement courses. There is a great divide in the teaching of regular/honors and AP, and the connections I’ve gained through my AP teachers have proved that. This school has improved me for college and has sharpen the necessary skills. However, I feel as if there should be a greater involvement from administration to truly influence children, aside from personal gains
Start Your Review of Felix Varela Senior High School
My experience at Varela felt very overwhelming only because of how busy I kept myself with curricular activities and clubs to look exceptional for colleges. The environment was bully free and over all a great representation of what high school should be like for everyone. I would like to see change in its school spirit, so that others that don't enroll themselves in extra events can still get the overall high school family feeling. the diversity in its student body was incredible. The courses were challenging and prepared me for the next step towards college. The teachers were always involved and ready to assist if needed.
I'm currently a sophomore at Felix Varela and I'm so impressed by the schools faculty as a dual enrollment student I have received lots of help from faculty. All my teachers are amazing and really care about ym education, thanks to my school involvement I have formed bonds with teachers that continuously inspire and motivate me.
Felix Varela is overall, a good high school. Staff are usually helpful, however, not usually available, although teachers are always available and very helpful. Facilities, school spirit, clubs and sports are alright, though the teams are a little lacking.