Federal Way Public Academy is an above average, public school located in Federal Way, WA. It has 303 students in grades 6-10 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Federal Way Public Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Federal Way Public Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Federal Way Public Academy Reviews
Federal Way Public Academy is a unique school in which one can get an education as if they were attending a private school. There's a lot of homework and responsibility meant for an above-average student who is academically inclined, so the decision to go there should be considered carefully. Although there are issues with the school (the most notable one being teachers' favoritism), it is overall an exceptional place.
Federal Way Public Academy may be an unconventional school, however, it is unique with amazing people and interesting traditions. It is a poor choice if you like PE class as there is no gym. However, there is a multitude of events that are just as exciting. The curriculum can be a bit challenging but it is helpful.
The teachers are phenomenal as they are not afraid to personally engage with their students providing an interactive and effective lesson. The environment created by the teachers gives the students a safe place to want to learn and challenge themselves which is crucial especially at the young ages at which they accept students. The strict curriculum is constantly pushing students to work harder, creating diligent and passionate students who are ready to face the world head on.