Overall Niche Grade
Federal Way Public Academy is an above average, public school located in Federal Way, WA. It has 312 students in grades 6-10 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 80% in reading.
Federal Way Public Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Federal Way Public Academy
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Federal Way Public Academy Reviews
What I like about Federal Way Public Academy (FWPA) the most is that their education system is different than other schools. Their education system offers a great learning experience for students. The teachers have a high expectation of students when it comes to discipline, participation, and knowing the material well. I also admire that they perfectly balance academic life to normal life because every year we host great celebrations, parties and talent shows. After school, I love that there are a variety of clubs to choose from but the best thing FWPA has to offer is Camp. From 6-10 grade, we and our teachers go to remote places in Washington to do a bunch of activities like hiking, playing games, and hanging around the bonfire. During the bonfire, we usually talk about confessions, our feelings, and what we appreciate. I rated this place excellent because not only is the education great, but its where I felt loved, cared, and accept. You'll find that we are one big family.
The education and teacher's concentration on you is outstanding in this school, but instead of piling the homework and making the students memorize all sorts of random things, take it slower and make the exams based more on lecture. There were a lot of students with great potential in my class, however, they wouldn't know what to study exactly and we would just receive the note of "just study everything" which isn't possible, especially of 6th-10th graders. The school means well, but it can be approved and change lots of student's knowledge even more.
Great community of students and teachers. There may not be much in terms of sports and othe rtypical high school activities, but what it does have no other school has. The sense of community is strong and hard to forget once its over.