Fayetteville-Manlius Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Manlius, NY. It has 1,435 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Fayetteville-Manlius Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A131 Students
- A-91 Students
- A+86 Students
- A-72 Students
- A+70 Students
- A-68 Students
- B61 Students
- A+59 Students
- B+57 Students
- B46 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 29 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Fayetteville-Manlius Senior High School
- A+Jamesville-Dewitt High School
- Jamesville-Dewitt Central School District, NY
- 148 reviews
- A-Cazenovia High School
- Cazenovia Central School District, NY
- 76 reviews
- A-Westhill High School
- Westhill Central School District, NY
- 104 reviews
- A-East Syracuse Minoa Central High School
- East Syracuse Minoa Central School District, NY
- 123 reviews
Fayetteville-Manlius Senior High School Reviews
The environment is super stressful and it feels like everyone struggles with mental health. Although there were some great teachers the workload is crazy especially if you want to do anything other than school with your time. If you want to do extracurriculars you are going to be swamped. Students don’t choose lunch because they want to do an elective instead which makes sense but then adds to the stress. I had to leave because of the stressful environment and I didn’t feel like I could learn well or in a safe and healthy way in this system. Also the positivity project is mostly a joke because they rarely do anything. Only day they did something was for a documentary on our school! That’s crazy and deceptive! They are trying to deal with the fact that the student body is depressed by not addressing the issue.
I believe that Fayetteville Manlius is one of the best schools in the country. Not only are their academics amazing and sports teams constantly winning awards, all the staff are consistently friendly and supportive of students. They are always willing to help the students if there's a problem which creates such a safe environment to learn and prosper. Overall, I wouldn't have ever wished for a better high school experience than I had at Fayetteville Manlius Senior High School and after everything the staff have taught me about life and the future, I have no worries about moving on to college and starting new because that's how much I feel they've prepared me.
While FM High School seems like a good school on the surface, it has several issues underneath. It has an incredibly competitive atmosphere, where if you're not in honors classes, you're considered a failure. Also, they don't care about you unless you're either a genius or on a sports team. We have an unreasonably high amount of homework, which has a negative impact on students' health. Next, the majority of students don't have a lunch. They give us a "choice" of either a lunch or a class that we are actually interested in. Finally, as others have said, there is a lack of diversity at the school, but it also goes much deeper than that. There is a hidden racism issue. Students of color are discriminated against in sports, and also bullied by their caucasian peers. The administration ignores that this is happening, and sometimes even makes it worse.