Fayette Ware Comprehensive High School is a public, magnet school located in Somerville, TN. It has 854 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Fayette Ware Comprehensive High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+181 Students
- B135 Students
- A-113 Students
- B81 Students
- C+78 Students
- A+59 Students
- B-57 Students
- B+57 Students
- A46 Students
- B-43 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Fayette Ware Comprehensive High School Reviews
I recently moved from Arkansas to Tennessee and I was not thrilled to find out that I would be attending Fayette Ware. The school itself is an average-loking high school with average classrooms. The classes offered are not very academically challenging but the dual enrollment options help raise academic appeal tremendously. The food from the cafeteria tastes like, well, food from a high school cafeteria, if you know what I mean; the vending machines are always stocked with snacks. Overall, Fayette Ware is an average high school with average problems but not as bad as it could be.
I graduated from Fayette-Ware in 2017.In my senior year, we had a guidance counselor,Mrs. McGuire really push use to be the best in everything we did. Mrs.McGuire encourage us to study hard for the ACT TEST, senior projects,final exams and other assignments. The teachers that worked with her, made a difference. There are not a lot of teachers will to work or teach the students. The administration could be stronger. The food is not good and the building is very old and not in good shape. They need to build a new high school. Fayette-Ware needs an upgrade in every aspect there is.
Fayette Ware Comprehensive High School will be one of the best schools to go to. They have wonderful staff members and actually cares about students and feelings and educations. The school is not a private school this is a type of school that let each student voice be heard no matter race you are. Fayette Ware Comprehensive High school have been known for the best sports and etc. Becoming a wildcat would and could be the best decision anyone has ever made. Once a wildcat, will always be a wildcat we will never turn back.