Fayette County High School is an above average, public school located in Fayette, AL. It has 414 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Fayette County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A69 Students
- B-43 Students
- B+42 Students
- A40 Students
- B34 Students
- A32 Students
- A29 Students
- B26 Students
- B-23 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Fayette County High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Fayette County High School Reviews
It was overall not a bad experience, the teachers were great if you took rigorous courses. However some regular classes were overbearing at times. Students would over power the teacher most of the time which inhibit them to teach. Besides that, it offered great clubs that allowed plenty of opportunities to become active in the community and volunteer and it was a lot of fun.
Fayette County High School is in a rural area, very much like family. Great academics, tons of resources at your fingertips to get you college ready. Excellent guidance counselor. Advanced placement classes and dual Enrollment to Bevill State Community College.
My experience at FCHS has been great. I've grown so much in the past four years here. There's nothing like being apart of a small town high school. I looked forward to all of the Friday night football and all of the basketball games as well. FCHS has the best fans in Alabama. We support each other. When we've had tragedies involving one of our students, FCHS always came together and prayed and that is what I loved most about FCHS. We take care of each other. I'm going to miss being a student here.