Farwell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+27 Students
- C21 Students
- B13 Students
- B+11 Students
- A+11 Students
- A+9 Students
- B6 Students
- A6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B6 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Farwell High School
- C+Coleman Junior/Senior High School
- Coleman Community Schools, MI
- 42 reviews
- B-Clare High School
- Clare Public Schools, MI
- 81 reviews
- B+Beal City High School
- Beal City Public Schools, MI
- 27 reviews
- CHarrison Community High School
- Harrison Community Schools, MI
- 30 reviews
Farwell High School Reviews
I liked that the school has teachers who help students who may be struggling, catch up with the rest of the class. The teachers really do care about everyone's success, not just the brighter or more fortunate students. Every student gets a first class "Royal" education in a public school environment. The teachers are very professional and respect everyone’s personal background and incorporate that into their learning strategies. Farwell has a true community orientated schooling system!
FHS offered a lot of different and unique opportunities for me while I attended. I was able to take college classes before graduating, and was also able to participate in several extra-curricular activities such as Band, Drama, National Honor Society, the Academic team, and Student Council. The quality of education I received could have been a little more intensive for me, and some of the rules created by the administration were not enforced on everyone. Farwell has a tendency to pick favorites, especially if they were involved with athletics. There were a lot of athletes and athlete "groupies" who would get away with breaking the rules, such as dress code and tardy policies, and not get reprimanded for it. This made it difficult for the rest of us to feel like we were being treated fairly. But overall, I would say that the opportunities that Farwell offered me outweighed the negatives of attending.
At Farwell High School, our students level of commitment for sports is great. Many of our athletes practice and condition for their sport year round, myself included. If someone were to go on a tour through our small school, they would see the weight room full of students working out, including many of our teachers who are the ones to motivate us students. There would also be students running in the school if the weather isn't the best that day. Teachers work out a lot as well. This school year, I've seen an increase in excersise at our school. Every day I run after school and I see teachers working out or running around the school. It's great to see everyone so committed to our athletics.