Farragut High School is a top rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 1,738 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Farragut High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-531 Students
- A+174 Students
- B111 Students
- B108 Students
- B104 Students
- B-95 Students
- B73 Students
- B72 Students
- B+54 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 114 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.59 responses
Farragut High School Reviews
There are wonderful and caring teachers in almost every classroom of FHS that truly care about there students. The academic opportunities are the best in the county, I believe that they currently have 31 available AP courses students can partake in. The only issue is that there have been certain problems with administration, especially newly introduced rules that have caused tension between them and students. Such as sexist dress code changes, the redirection of the fine arts’ funds (a very poorly funded area already) to sports and academics, and the general mishandling of very stressful situations.
It's a wonderful school and I have really enjoyed my time here. I mean what can I say? It's ranked around top 5 in the state so you know that the academics are top notch. Teachers are friendly and helpful and there are a huge variety of classes to choose from. For example, I am taking mythology this semester and it's an interesting class for sure. Farragut offers like 20-something AP classes and they can be challenging especially the STEM courses. There are multiple clubs meeting every day and sports are fun. We won the state football championship a while back. I would say that I 100% feel confident for college because of the support I have received here.
I love the diversity and the available activities, clubs, and sports for the students. The teachers provide an atmosphere where learning is encouraged. They provide before and after school tutoring assistance to help the student become successful. The school does a great job preparing the graduating students for college life after high school. The administrators create an safe and atmosphere.