Farragut High School is a top rated, public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 1,738 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 93% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Farragut High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-473 Students
- A+165 Students
- B101 Students
- B99 Students
- B90 Students
- B-88 Students
- B66 Students
- B66 Students
- B+52 Students
- A+46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.42 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.42 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 109 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.58 responses
Farragut High School Reviews
There are wonderful and caring teachers in almost every classroom of FHS that truly care about there students. The academic opportunities are the best in the county, I believe that they currently have 31 available AP courses students can partake in. The only issue is that there have been certain problems with administration, especially newly introduced rules that have caused tension between them and students. Such as sexist dress code changes, the redirection of the fine arts’ funds (a very poorly funded area already) to sports and academics, and the general mishandling of very stressful situations.
Farragut High School is a great school and has a wide range of classes of all levels. There are many different classes to choose, from the history of rock and roll to astronomy. The lunch is average and I wish it were longer. There are a lot of students enrolled so the hallway tend to get very crowded. The sports teams are competitive and there are great facilities for them. The teaching is very good, but of course there are a few teachers that are not very good. The parking situation is very crowded and there is a lot of traffic getting there in the morning and leaving in the afternoon due to the close proximity to the middle school and intermediate school. Overall the school is great and I have loved my time here, but I can't wait for college.
Farragut High School is a great academic school that pushes students to reach their full potential, in both academics and sports. There is so many high achieving students at this school that it can sometimes put a lot of pressure on students to be perfect. I think this school needs to be more aware of this and start focusing more on students mental health and stress levels. The school also lacks diversity and basic school resources like up to date computers and smart boards for some classrooms. With this being said, I have had a great time at Farragut High School and feel very prepared for collegiate life.