Farragut High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-351 Students
- A+136 Students
- B-83 Students
- B-73 Students
- B68 Students
- B-64 Students
- B50 Students
- B+49 Students
- B44 Students
- A+40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 103 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.55 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.56 responses
Farragut High School Reviews
Review Farragut High School
I've gone to Farragut High my whole life, but I have never stayed in the same friend group, extra curricular activities, electives, etc. There are so many people to meet and things to experience here. I have tried all kinds of things, like marching band and ROTC. Everything is worth trying, it makes you a well rounded person. Whether I pursue activities and clubs Farragut has to offer, I'm glad to have had the experience. And the education is great! If I had not gone to Farragut, I wouldn't be nearly as matured mentally. My friends and family that have been educated elsewhere don't know things that I know, simply because they weren't taught. It's hard; I complain about the homework all the time. But at the end of the day, I'm glad I'm learning.
Farragut High School is a highly academically competitive school. Due to its students' and teachers' diligence, the environment is intellectually stimulating and motivating. However, the school administration sometimes fails to provide equal opportunities for its students, such as providing college information to graduating seniors. At times, there is a severe lack of communication to students and teachers by the school administration regarding irregular class schedule changes. In addition, due to the lack of funding by Knox County Schools, the building and school materials have not been updated, but computer science classes and libraries provide new and useful technology.
I graduated from Farragut High School in 2012, while my brother graduated in 2015. It was a wonderful public school. I had excellent teachers who were dedicated to the needs of their students. Over the past several years, the administration of the school has declined, but the school is still highly rated. Farragut offers a great selection of honors, AP, and dual enrollment courses that prepare students for college. The school tends to have a reputation for being a bit elitist, though the school is relatively diverse considering the fact that the suburbs of Knoxville are not very diverse in general.