Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Farmington High School is an above average, public school located in Farmington, NM. It has 1,400 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 45% in reading.
Farmington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B240 Students
- B-199 Students
- B+163 Students
- B-143 Students
- A101 Students
- B88 Students
- B-74 Students
- A-60 Students
- B57 Students
- A-54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.34 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
Schools like Farmington High School
- B+Piedra Vista High School
- Farmington Municipal Schools, NM
- 218 reviews
- C+Rocinante High School
- Farmington Municipal Schools, NM
- 3 reviews
- C+Aztec High School
- Aztec Municipal Schools, NM
- 202 reviews
- C+Bloomfield High School
- Bloomfield School District, NM
- 200 reviews
Farmington High School Reviews
Farmington High School for me has been pretty good. I would say that I have had a good experience with this school. Is not saying a lot because this is the only high school I have been too. It has some really amazing people who who go to school here. The people who go to school here make things exciting and make you feel involved. The environment is very interesting because there is event almost always happening. From football games to basketball to other sports that happen around school. If sports don't peek you interest than there are clubs that are happening. For people who are very involved there are many things to do or join. For the education I personally have done well in a lot my classes. A lot of the teachers are amazing, who are involved with their students education. Some of them make their classes very enjoyable, and they make sure that all of their student are understanding the class.
Living in a small community, schools are barley known in newspapers, in media and televison, but expierencing Farmington High was a huge privelage and a huge step in anyone's life and mine. I can name alot of things that goes around in Farmington High but the best thing there was is the involvement in the activites within the school. By meaning this every sports team or club in Farmington High will make each team member feel like they are family no matter what grade they are in. Being the Team Captain on Girls Tennis we strive to make sure each teams that we are competing will have a warm welcome in or out of state. Our school community wants us to feel involve off school premisies by letting us get to expierence the envolvement with school activites or community service. I will honestly will admit there could not be a changement in the school. I want to Thank you for reading my submission and hoping it meets the requirements.
As a Senior now, I have been attending FHS for my entire high school education. We have a very diverse student body and a counselor assigned for each grade throughout high school. We can get to know our counselors and in time of need we are able to come to them. We have a place on campus that offers supplies like backpacks and hygiene products for students in need. We have a great music program. We have band, orchestra and choir. We also have a very high achieving art program that offers ceramic classes and a dual credit drawing class. Our theater program holds theater performances for the public. As for home games, students are able to get in free with their ID's. The administrators are willing to help with anything and can refer one to a program if they think it will benefit the student. Overall, we have a great school here int he tiny town of Farmington, New Mexico.