Farmington High School is an above average, public school located in Farmington, MN. It has 1,933 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Farmington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+189 Students
- B+86 Students
- B+85 Students
- A73 Students
- A+73 Students
- B72 Students
- B+43 Students
- B+42 Students
- A41 Students
- A40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 84 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.42 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Farmington High School
- A-Hastings High School
- Hastings Public School District, MN
- 196 reviews
- ALakeville South High School
- Lakeville Public School District, MN
- 204 reviews
- B+Simley Senior High School
- Inver Grove Heights Community Schools, MN
- 184 reviews
- A-Burnsville Senior High School
- Burnsville Public School District, MN
- 469 reviews
Farmington High School Reviews
Farmington High School is an incredible place to attend. Overall, my educational experience in Farmington has been very pleasant. The majority of the teachers I have had have been incredible. I feel that my learning experience has been outstanding through the years. Farmington School District was very welcoming to the idea of incorperating technology in our learning. We were one of the first districts to use iPads in our classrooms. Overall they have been a great success in enhancing our learning. Many other school followed in our footsteps and sent representatives to our school to see how the tech worked in the classroom. After this many schools in the area started using this technology like iPads in the classroom. My experience at Farmington High School has been great and i'm glad I was able to attend school here
I moved to this school going into my junior year, it was overwhelming at first due to the size. However, the staff and students were more than inviting. The technology is modern, and they pride themselves on providing kids with the best materials avalible. The teachers are very passionate and inspiring, always willing to help everyone. The ipads can tend to distract students, however, this falls on the shoulders of the students, not the staff, for time management is something everyone must learn for themselves. Farmington Highschool is a safe place, filled with wonderful staff, simple and effective layout of the building, and the newest technology.
My experience at Farmington High school has been great! At this school all students are provided with their own iPad to help expand the learning experience. I feel like this has really helped the school and made learning easier for the students. Also the teachers and staff at this school are very helpful and really care about the students.