Farmington High School is a top rated, public school located in Farmington, CT. It has 1,220 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 61% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Farmington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A258 Students
- A+105 Students
- B+85 Students
- A+72 Students
- B71 Students
- A+60 Students
- B-55 Students
- A54 Students
- B54 Students
- A+47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Farmington High School Reviews
Farmington High School put a large emphasis on high achieving academics and on their music department. I really loved being a part of both the choir and the orchestra, and the school has some amazing and involved teachers. It felt a little austere, as there was such a high amount of pressure put on doing well academically (it almost felt as if there was high grade inflation to achieve this.) As in most high schools, the school accumulates cliques by grade, and the lunch room design didn't really encourage anyone to remedy this. The library was also rather disappointing - there were less books than people.
First, there are many diverse types of clubs and organizations. Students can get involved in activities such as Model UN or Debate to improve their speaking abilities. There are also clubs that recognize sexual orientation such as Gay-Straight Alliance. Political clubs also exist such as Young Republicans or Young Democrats. There are also many community service opportunities through Interact- a club run by students to help the community. Of course, there are the sports that is cemented in high school spirit and pride. This is the easiest way to meet new people and make life long friends. Finally, student government is a popular club. Students who feel that they can give insight to administrators join this club to make a difference in the school and to improve any aspects that could be better. Go Indians!
It is a great school, with great academics and teachers. There are plenty of resources for every subject. There is a tutor for all five core classes during all periods and after school. They provide assistance and resources for those who are struggling or looking to do well on a test. The teachers are very helpful as well and teach engaging and fun lessons. The cafeteria provides many options for both breakfast and lunch that are delicious. The sports provide a great environment and a lot of fun. The only place for improvement would be the actual building, but it does not get in the way of the academics.