Farmington High School is a top rated, public school located in Farmington, CT. It has 1,184 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Farmington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A306 Students
- A+132 Students
- B97 Students
- B-87 Students
- A+87 Students
- A74 Students
- B74 Students
- B-68 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+54 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
Farmington High School Reviews
Farmington High School put a large emphasis on high achieving academics and on their music department. I really loved being a part of both the choir and the orchestra, and the school has some amazing and involved teachers. It felt a little austere, as there was such a high amount of pressure put on doing well academically (it almost felt as if there was high grade inflation to achieve this.) As in most high schools, the school accumulates cliques by grade, and the lunch room design didn't really encourage anyone to remedy this. The library was also rather disappointing - there were less books than people.
Before joining the school, we will have a shadow day to explore and understand the school which I think is a cool thing. Based on that, we can join or leave the school. The teachers are so helpful and cooperative. There is a lot of diversity, including Asians, Hispanics, Whites, and Blacks. This is just what I know, they're a lot more stuff to do in this school. They encourage every sport. The cost of cafeteria food is high.
I like Farmington High school, but the physical plant is very old and in total disrepair. The students, some of the faculty, the staff, that is what makes its 4/5* institution. We have so many opportunities here and os many teachers willing to help us achieve our goals. I feel very fortunate to be able to attend this school. The real negative is the actual school building, that coupled with our lack of a mascot makes us really not have any school spirit. That is what is bringing down the overall student morale.