Farmington Career Academies is an above average, public, charter school located in Farmington, AR. It has 533 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Farmington Career Academies Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A215 Students
- B66 Students
- B65 Students
- B48 Students
- B-47 Students
- B+32 Students
- A-21 Students
- B17 Students
- B-15 Students
- A14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 32 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Farmington Career Academies
- B-Elkins High School
- Elkins School District, AR
- 57 reviews
- C+West Fork High School
- West Fork School District, AR
- 72 reviews
- B-Greenland High School
- Greenland School District, AR
- 40 reviews
- APrairie Grove High School
- Prairie Grove School District, AR
- 126 reviews
Farmington Career Academies Reviews
The new facility is great. They built it with the students in mind. For a small school they offer many of the same opportunities larger schools do. The teachers are for the most part good, especially those teaching core curriculum classes. I attended all three years at this high school and would recommend it for those looking for a quality academic experience in a smaller school. Athletic programs tend to be rather subjective in choice of players/participants, and are often determined early on in high school with very little change.
As a parent in the Farmington school district, I am very proud to tell others where my children attend school. They have had excellent teachers at all levels and they feel support from the administration, who makes themselves available to students at all times. The athletic events are well attended and all programs are competitive, continually winning conference and district championships in several sports. My children have had the opportunity to participate in AP classes as well as dual enrollment in college courses. Our decision to choose Farmington is one we are very happy with. The class sizes and teacher-student ratios are wonderful. We just toured the new high school today and the commitment this school district has made to the students and this community by not asking for a mileage increase while building a state of the art facility is impressive. If you are looking for a new school district, you will be remiss if you do not seriously consider Farmington.
I love going to Farmington! I moved to Arkansas from Oklahoma in 4th grade and we chose Farmington because my parents heard so many good things about this school. I have made great friends, I love being on the cross country and track team for the high school and I feel like my classes are challenging and are preparing me for college. I hope to return to this area after I graduate from college. Great small town just minutes away from the University of Arkansas!