Farmersville High School Reviews

I was not prepared for college after attending Farmersville High School. The school has a very low budget and it shows both in the classrooms and in other activities within the school.
Farmersville High School has a very good band program and the teachers are great. I would love to see them up their game with technology and embrace new teaching techniques.
I liked that the school was small and everybody knew everyone else. The teachers were nice and good for the most part. I enjoyed the friends I made in high school and I am very excited for college.
Start Your Review of Farmersville High School
I would like to see the rules change on hair and the ability to express yourself. With how they restrict the facial hair males are allowed only a mustache, everything else is prohibited. That being said males are also only allowed to grow their hair out if they must keep it in a bun. If you break these rules you can be punished with in school suspension or worse.
Offer a lot of honors, dual credit and AP for a smaller school district. Administration is very helpful. Lots of fantastic teachers
It's a good school, but it doesn't give us many options for college level classes. And it doesn't get us ready for college until later on in our senior year, which is a little late.
I thought that Farmersville high school is a great school for a student to attend. I say this because it has gotten me ready for college this upcoming fall, and I can honestly say that the teachers in this school are beyond caring. They go above and beyond for each of their students. You can't go wrong by attending this school, the staff, music, and sports departments are phenomenal.
For a small town and school, Farmersville High School offers a number of opportunities for students, such as extracurricular activities, community service, and classes. Students who take full opportunity of these resources are likely to do well after graduation, whether it be serving in the military or going to college. The teachers and faculty at this school overall care about their students' success. However, this school lacks diversity in several areas. This school falls short on educating students on the recourses and routes to success academically and personally. Overall, Farmerville is good compared to some others.
What I would like to chang about Farmersville High School is to get more people involved with clubs and to have more engagement. I would also like it if it would get us ready for the real world such as providing classes that are mandatory for us to graduate. Some other issues that we have is that our school is unable to provide us with more classes such as different types of art and extracurricular programs.
I like being able to do many activities. One thing I do not like is the lack of privileges the older students do not get. For example, off-campus lunch should be something the seniors should be allowed to do. Besides the lack of privileges the senior class gets, I strongly believe Farmersville ISD curriculum has prepared me for college.
I love playing sports here! Volleyball was my absolute favorite part of my senior year so far. The school is in a very small town, so I have built a lot of relationships- some of them will last a lifetime. For my school being so small, the opportunities and resources are pretty good. I’m thankful for the good and the bad because the school has molded me into the person I’ve become. I will miss being apart of Farmersville Independent School District, but I am excited for a new beginning.
Farmersville High School is an exceptional academic wise, yet there are some not so good qualities. The overall cleanliness of the school is poor, but the school makes up for it academically.
For me personally, I feel Farmersville High School was relatively average all around. It is located in a small town which created a close environment between students and teachers. The faculty was very helpful and was always understanding both to students and other faculty members. Parent involvement was pretty average overall but most parents were a big help in supporting school organizations or helping to fund them. The athletic department was decent depending on one’s sport of interest. One thing that could be changed would be an addition of classes offered. At Farmersville High School one is quite limited to certain classes available which can pose a problem when one graduates on to a college and has to take basic courses that could’ve been completed through the dual credit program offered by the school if it were available.
It is a overall good school, and comes with a good atmosphere. I’m going to be a senior and I am prepared for what the future has in store for me. It is however a small school but with that you know everyone and it is a good environment. The teachers are amazing they teach in a way that makes you want to learn and be in gauge in what they are doing.
Farmersville High School is a great school. It is a smaller school so each kid will get plenty of attention from teachers. Nice variety of sports, activities, and clubs. Love being a student here! Teachers are very caring and want to see you succeed.
Offer more dual credit courses
Hire permanent teachers who have had experience instead of various substitute teachers
My experience at FHS has been a great one. It's a great town and community and I'm glad I was able to attend high school here. The only thing I wished had changed was the school spirit. Not many students have any spirit and it's sad because all of our sports and extra-curricular events are good.
Start Your Review of Farmersville High School
Farmersville High School provides a very good education to students for the most part. There may be a few teachers I feel like may need to improve on their teaching abilities, but for the most part my experience has been decent. I personally think school districts should be more aware on student mental health though. I think the school should look into hiring a counselor and providing support groups, individual therapy, and clubs where students can speak their minds in an environment where they feel safe. I think that would go a long ways to a students success by allowing them to feel like they are in safe and supportive learning environment and can happily attend school.
My overall experience at Farmersville High School was great, I will always remember growing up in the small loving community. The friends that I made down the years will always be friends that I will be able to count on. All the administration and staff we nice and I respected them. My school was very sport and activity based oriented. I'll never forget the bond and support the each and every different activity had towards each other. That is what I will miss the most.
Most of the teachers at my school were very nice and helping. Anytime you came in needing extra help they were ready and willing to help you.