Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Falls City Senior High School is a public school located in Falls City, NE. It has 251 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 35% in reading.
Falls City Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-47 Students
- C+35 Students
- B25 Students
- B23 Students
- B18 Students
- B+14 Students
- C12 Students
- C+12 Students
- B+11 Students
- A-10 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Falls City Senior High School Reviews
A strong area of FCHS is Mr. Furrow and the FCHS marching band. Mrs. Simon is an asset to the school as a teacher & advocate. The school offers a school closet for students who need clothes for class, senior pictures, job interviews, or school activities. Some of the teachers do not have very high expectations for the students (Science Department) and that hurts the students. FCMS seems to let quite a bit of behavior problems and bullying continue. Also, academically, the FCMS does not high high expectations at all; not all teachers at the MS even grade papers. Overall, I believe that the students of FC have a positive HS experience. The teachers are caring & go beyond what is expected to make sure students are socially and emotionally taken care of. The students who personally push themselves will be pushed by staff and most teachers prepare the students for college or whatever graduation leads them to.
I love Falls City High School, but their music department could use some improvement. The teachers are very caring and want nothing but the best for every single student. The classroom capacity is about 20 per room. This leaves a lot of room for one-on-one help. I would say my experience at this school has been nothing but great. Anybody who is looking for that small-town feel is sure to get it here.
ratio of teachers per student is awesome the help is there if you just ask, They know and care about your education. The staff goes beyond the call of duty to make sure you succeed. The coaches are excellent . We may not be a class A school or a "B" but I stand proud to a student of Falls City High School. Everyone is your friend and like family, the city schools may know half or better of there class, I know all of mine and trust them. I have a 4.0 GPA all due to the success of my teaching for a small school you can't another that compares! Check us out on the website to see the schools accomplishments.