Fall Mountain Regional High School is a public school located in Langdon, NH. It has 494 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Fall Mountain Regional High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-55 Students
- A-51 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-19 Students
- C18 Students
- A+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- C+13 Students
- A+13 Students
- A-13 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Fall Mountain Regional High School
- BKeene High School
- Keene School District, NH
- 285 reviews
- B-Green Mountain Union High School
- Public School
- Chester, VT
- 28 reviews
- CLeland & Gray Union Middle/High School
- Public School
- Townshend, VT
- 29 reviews
- C+Stevens High School
- Claremont School District, NH
- 100 reviews
Fall Mountain Regional High School Reviews
At Fall Mountain (FM), I've been able to work with a few instructors who make me feel as if I'm really being understood as a student, but also aren't afraid to challenge me when I need it. However, the structure of FM leaves a lot to be desired. FM uses block scheduling, so I only have four very long classes. Personally, I get bored, so this doesn't work for me, but it also limits how many classes I can fit in my schedule. As both a strong academic and artistic student it's difficult to fit in both art classes and challenging academic classes. Because of this, I’ve taken classes online, which is how I've completed about half of my credits. Plus, while they count for credits, FM doesn't count these classes towards my GPA, meaning that most of my schooling is exempt from an important statistic that colleges look at. While I appreciate the instructors I've had, the limiting structure of FM is both frustrating and nonsensical. I truly hope they can make some changes for younger classes.
As a small school, the FMRHS staff did a fabulous job of trying to give us a bigger school feel. The advisory and faculty were very passionate about student success. No student was ever left behind or forgotten; everyone was accounted for. Had the school had proper funding, I think it could have been quite quaint, but the rugged feel of the school had a lot of personality. I grew so much as a person at Fall Mountain and made amazing memories.
Overall, my experience at fall mountain has been fair, however, I feel that there could be improvement upon classes, specifically in the English, History, and Foreign Language departments. There are limited options in language, and there are no English or History honors courses, either CP or AP.