Faith Training Christian Academy Reviews

I absolutely loved the environment, people are super friendly and welcoming. The only thing I would change about ftca is the science teacher
Faith training is not a good choice for your child. Sadly, the public schools in Vernon parish (although not very good) still outway faith. The academics are terrible, with few teachers knowing what they are doing. Most do not teach. Instead they sit on their phones or tell the students to teach themselves. I would not send my students here and I suggest you not either.
I met a wonderful group of Christian friends that have become a part of my family. The faculty at the school are there to help you. They want you to succeed in life and are willing to help.
Start Your Review of Faith Training Christian Academy
Faith Training Christian Academy is one of the best schools I have attended throughout my high school years. It is a faith and academic based school that focuses on pushing your limits so that you excel in all subjects. Having the opportunity to participate in dual credit college classes has been one of the best experiences thus far. I highly recommend this school to all military families that are stationed in the Fort Polk area.
There are no noteworthy extracurriculars. There are only 3/4 small, local clubs that could be found at 95% of the schools in the country.
The friends I've made and the teachers are great and are probably the main reasons for staying. The lack of sports and academic clubs is a major negative. The main reason I wouldn't choose this school again if I could do it all over is I feel like I missed out of some high school experiences (no prom or homecoming dance, no football team, no AP classes, very few extracurriculars/clubs).
Most of the teachers are pretty great and knowledgeable about the subject they are teaching. They always strive to make themselves available to those who don't understand something and tutor some when necessary. The teachers really do care about students personally.
The school is very small; therefore, not many extracurricular activities are offered because of the lack of adult sponsors.
This school has truly changed my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today without it. I am an incoming senior and I am class president which means I have a lot of responsibility this year, and I honestly couldn't be more excited to work with my classmates and faculty to not only make the year great, but to make the school even greater than it is now. It is a small school with not as many opportunities as bigger schools but it has things that other schools don't have: care, simplicity, and love.
The recent English teacher is phenomenal. She tries to incorporate technology and real-world examples into her lessons. She cares about her students and genuinely has our best interest in mind.

The recent math teacher was great. She seemed to care incredibly for her students.

The science teacher wasn't as great this year. She was very knowledgeable about her subject but she didn't seem to care for the student's best interest.

The history teacher has been here for many years and she really cares for her students. She's incredibly knowledgeable of her subject and is fair in all she does.
Bullying is a big problem.
Friendly, but not highly qualified.
Facilities are very new and so nice!! Parents are very involved with much of their students life. The school is so clean compared to other Vernon Parish schools.
I feel the safest I've ever felt at this school. We have a resource officer at our school all day and the nurse is fantastic!! So caring!
There are many different activities at FTCA for it being such a small school. We have the Leo Club, yearbook, 4H Club and Beta Club. There are many ways our school strives to serve our community through these clubs and activities. These clubs are a blast and are a way our school gives back.
This school is like no other in the area. Everyone is so nice and I've discovered so much about myself since going to FTCA. I have grown significantly in my relationship with The Lord and that's an area that you will need to have matured when all else fails in college! The curriculum is great, teachers actually want to be there and the athletics are great.
Everyone is super nice but if there is a problem it is handled respectfully and privately!