Fairview High School is an above average, public school located in Fairview Park, OH. It has 575 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Fairview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B66 Students
- A+53 Students
- A-44 Students
- B42 Students
- B38 Students
- A-37 Students
- B+30 Students
- A+30 Students
- A28 Students
- C+24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Fairview High School
- BColumbia High School
- Columbia Local School District, OH
- 26 reviews
- B+Normandy High School
- Parma City School District, OH
- 196 reviews
- B-Midview High School
- Midview Local School District, OH
- 159 reviews
- B-North Ridgeville High School
- North Ridgeville City School District, OH
- 149 reviews
Fairview High School Reviews
Fairview High School has provided me with an amazing high school experience! The teachers and faculty are passionate and knowledgeable. FHS offers a wide range of extracurriculars that have allowed me to become involved and make lasting friendships. I am grateful for all the opportunities FHS has provided me, and I feel prepared for college after taking multiple AP courses.
Fairview High School offers a variety of different classes and help to tailor any students needs. The teachers and associates who work there are always more than willing to help out a student in need of assistance with financial aid, and college applications. Numerous different levels of classes are offered, such as regular, honors classes, and advanced placement classes. The teachers are helpful and nice, and I worked hard along them to earn my 3.9 GPA. It is an excellent school.
Fairview High School is overall a great school, and I wouldn't have chosen another school to complete high school in. Fairview High School does have its fair share of problems, but I still love it. One of the biggest problems with Fairview High School is that it's a very old school, so only certain rooms, like the library and science rooms have air conditioning, and it gets unbearably hot in the non air conditioned rooms in the summer. Another big problem is the bathrooms. The sinks are years old and barely work. The stalls are usually dirty, which makes students using the bathrooms at my high school a very unlikely thing. Fairview High School is located in a very small suburb of Cleveland, OH. My graduating class is less than 200 students, which goes to show just how little my high school actually was. This was both good and bad. Since my high school didn't have a large amount of students, school events like sporting events had very little student turnout. Even though very few kids showed up at sporting events, the nights of football games are still some of my favorite nights to this day. Fairview High School being a smaller school also allowed friends to form very close bonds with each other, which I think is a great thing to have during high school. I made my fair share of close friends at Fairview High School that I hope to keep in touch with as I continue with my life outside of high school. Fairview High School has it's typical high school problems, but it still made me the person I am today, and I would never change where I went to high school.