Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Fairview High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fairview, PA. It has 547 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Fairview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+106 Students
- A89 Students
- B64 Students
- B55 Students
- B54 Students
- A-46 Students
- A+38 Students
- C+37 Students
- A+37 Students
- B-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Fairview High School
- A+Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy
- Erie City School District, PA
- 363 reviews
- B+Fort Leboeuf Senior High School
- Fort LeBoeuf School District, PA
- 142 reviews
- B+General McLane High School
- General McLane School District, PA
- 194 reviews
- B+McDowell High School
- Millcreek Township School District, PA
- PK, 9-12
- 511 reviews
Fairview High School Reviews
Fairview is a great place! The only thing that is mediocre is funding for activities. The football team has an almost unlimited budget. They never do any fundraisers or anything. I am on the tennis team. We get a small budget and have to fundraise for most things. The football team has a severe losing streak, and other sports are very accomplished, but they seem to get all the money. Funny how that works? The arts, music, and theatre are even worse. That is my only complaint, everything else is good.
Fairview High is a nice smaller public school with excellent science, math, and art teachers, especially for Honors and AP Classes. There are proportionally more "spoiled" children in the school, but the dedicated teachers and the rest of the student population make the experience worth it. Extracurriculars, such as the Art Club and Robotics Team make the school family feeling complete for those with an open, determined mind. The food is very average for a U.S. school, so a packed lunch is better most of the time. But if you look beyond the typical activities and favorite teachers, you'll find hidden gems in the art, science, and mathematics avenues at this small school. In all, Fairview prepares one for college (if one takes it seriously) and offers a wonderful academic environment for those willing to explore outside the comfort zone.
Just graduated in June and I can honestly say I wouldn't have wanted to spend my high school years anywhere else. I made friendships there that will last me my whole life. The teachers were the nicest ones I've ever met. I never felt scared to ask any of them for help. I would go back and do it all over again, I had so much fun!