Fairview High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fairview, PA. It has 497 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Fairview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+65 Students
- A59 Students
- B+40 Students
- B36 Students
- C+32 Students
- A-31 Students
- B+31 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-19 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 40 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Fairview High School
- A+Northwest Pennsylvania Collegiate Academy
- Erie City School District, PA
- 311 reviews
- A-Fort Leboeuf Senior High School
- Fort LeBoeuf School District, PA
- 136 reviews
- B+General McLane High School
- General McLane School District, PA
- 184 reviews
- B-McDowell High School
- Millcreek Township School District, PA
- PK, 9-12
- 432 reviews
Fairview High School Reviews
I got a very good education from this school! Now, in my first year of college, I am years ahead of most of my peers in study skills, writing skills, and general knowledge, even within the honors program. However, Fairview has gotten a lot more strict with their students to a point beginning to verge on ridiculousness. Students have no free time to socialize with their peers or even walk around the campus to discover new things. Also, the past three faculty that the school has hired have been horrible at teaching and overall horrible with treating their students with respect.
Fairview High School is a blue ribbon school and is ranked 2nd in the state of Pennsylvania. This school outranks any other in the area, and I would not ever transfer to any other high school. Students who have graduated from Fairview have expressed the ways that the school has undeniably prepared them for the collegiate experience. I have taken high level classes and performed well in them, so I am confident in my ability to transition to college also. I participate in three different sports at Fairview and all of them are exceptional. The dedication of the coaches pushes me to perform to the best of my ability and keeps me consistently determined to improve. The teachers are just as special, and it is shown through the school's standardized test scores. Our teachers put extensive time and effort into the student's prosperity and treat them with a high level of respect. Fairview high school is truly a school like no other.
Fairview prepared me for a higher education very well. Most teachers were excellent instructors, though like any school there are some who are only mediocre. The music program is excellent there and was an important part of school for many students. Most athletics are enjoyable to watch, though some teams are honestly not good. Overall, I enjoyed Fairview a lot, though there are definitely places where improvements could be made.