Fairport Senior High School Reviews

The Fairport community is like no other; we are very family oriented and caring. The high school highly reflects on the friendly community and it is apparent that you will always have support from your peers.
I feel like they are very "family oriented", but they don't actually put everyone first. Only for a select few, and everyone else is kind of left to fend for themselves.
FHS is generally a pretty good place to be (especially after Minerva), though there is way too much of an emphasis on sports to the point where other students that are also doing amazing things are pushed off to the side.
Start Your Review of Fairport Senior High School
I was welcomed into the Fairport school district and given many opportunities that challenged me academically and the teachers were willing to work with me when I needed help.
I LOVE FAIRPORT HIGH SCHOOL BECAUSE OF THE AMAZING TEACHERS AND STAFF AT THE SCHOOL. THEY ALL GENUINELY CARE ABOUT THEIR STUDENTS AND WANT TO SEE THEM SUCCEED. IT'S A SCHOOL THAT STRIVES TO ACCEPT EVERY SINGLE STUDENT AND TRIES TO HELP THEM ACHIEVE IN ANY WAY THEY KNOW HOW.
Overall, I have very much enjoyed my time at Fairport as it is a great place to be able to make friends along with focus on academics and sports to succeed in college. However, it's not a nice school and is very outdated with facilities and has budget issues.
I have attended this school for 3 years, and I can say with confidence that the teachers, students and workers all take C.A.R.E (care, awareness, respect, and embrace) seriously. The school also has an amazing program for reaching out to people who may be suffering from depression and makes sure that everyone feels welcome in the school district.
Fairport High School prepared me very well for college. I felt especially prepared for Freshman Writing thanks to the stellar English teachers at FHS. The teachers are also super inclusive, and they really care about the individual needs of their students. I also believe that Fairport cultivates an environment for well-rounded students. The music and theatre department was the highlight of my time at FHS and created an inclusive space to share the highs and lows of the day.
Fairport as a community is amazing, there is a sense a family. Teachers are really nice and I enjoy all the activities that they have in the school
Fairport High school is best described as one giant family. The teachers are amazing and the students are there for each other for anything and everything.
Academics are very good. Lots of Honors, AP and College Dual Credit Courses. There are lots of students, approximately 500 in a class. Facilities are dated, but some recent renovations occurred. Sports are very competitive.
Fairport High School is a great school in an amazing school district. In this school, I felt very welcomed by the teachers. The education there is top notch, with some very challenging courses. There are also many once in a lifetime opportunities offered. Even a politics class that sends students down to Washington D.C. to discuss current political issues. An excellent school that will make everyone there feel like family.
I loved my high school - changes would be too to make the culture more friendly too all students - more diversity
It’s so crowded and the main administration really cares about their reputation more than other important factors. Extremely low diversity, students are still racist/sexist/homophobic etc. It’s not that enjoyable if you don’t have friends in your classes or if you don’t like your classes.
It’s an amazing school we’re all family here and support each other. There are many fun events and activities throughout the year.
Construction was recently done to the school to make some major improvements to the infrastructure. The students and faculty along with everyone else in the community form a big family, which offers a lot of support and friendship.
Fairport High School focuses on more then just academics. It is a community so students from all different ages, schools, and backgrounds are connected. Fairport has taught me everything I know and I wouldn’t be the same person without it.
Start Your Review of Fairport Senior High School
Fairport has a good amount of sports teams and clubs, so if you're wanting to make the most of your years here I suggest joining one of these. It makes it so much easier to meet new people and make friends. The school spirit is good as well, and many people show up at the football games but the red zone is definitely small at most other sports.
do not like that freshman are in a separate school from the rest of the high school. Unable to offer freshman what they need.. Resourced are not good if child is sick but doesn't miss a solid five days in a row.
I liked how the student were brought together as a family instead of all of the students separated into "cliques"