Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Fairport Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Fairport, NY. It has 1,410 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 97% in reading.
Fairport Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-150 Students
- A-134 Students
- A-126 Students
- A125 Students
- A+115 Students
- B107 Students
- B+105 Students
- B+83 Students
- A+77 Students
- B76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 62 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Fairport Senior High School
- A+Victor Senior High School
- Victor Central School District, NY
- 247 reviews
- A+Penfield Senior High School
- Penfield Central School District, NY
- 264 reviews
- AHoneoye Falls-Lima Senior High School
- Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District, NY
- 137 reviews
- AThomas High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 148 reviews
Fairport Senior High School Reviews
I loved how many activities were available after school. I was involved in Varsity Tennis, National Spanish Honors Society, Rotary, TIES, and Odyssey of the Mind. It felt like one big family, especially during Brotherhood-Sisterhood week where the high school students would meet their assigned buddies at the elementary schools. Furthermore, they put a big emphasis on mental health which was extremely helpful and probably unique to most high schools. There wasn't anything that needed changing, however I wish that the students didn't care so much about trying to be "fit in". However, I loved how Fairport High School challenged me and prepared me well for college. I was able to take three Advanced Placement classes during my senior year and I was able to pick electives that were similar to my current major of mechanical engineering. Fairport High School definitely put me down a successful and happy path that I will forever be thankful for.
Fairport High School is my home away from home. I've never experienced anything like it. Every staff member is so caring and selfless, it's truly amazing. Having school pride is an understatement. I have never witnessed bullying or anything unjust. There is a huge sense of comfort and trust in our school district. We pride ourselves in our outstanding academics, athletics, and arts, all while supporting the three R's (respect, responsibility, and resilience) We have multiple programs and outreach days. One of my favorites is getting 'buddied up' with an elementary school kid and spending the day with them in class.
Fairport Senior High School has been a considerable influence upon my thoughts about academics and social integrity. For the most part, the school has either met or exceeded my original expectations going into it, having an extensive group of eager teachers and a vast selection of electives to help someone decide what they may want to do as they grow older. Though the school mostly does consist of good things, there is a lack of involvement between many students and many of the events that are planned, though this may not be the fault of the administration. Overall, Fairport Senior High School is a good school, yet not a perfect one.