Fairport Senior High School is a top rated, public school located in Fairport, NY. It has 1,473 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 99% in reading.
Fairport Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-119 Students
- A-103 Students
- A102 Students
- A-99 Students
- A+94 Students
- B94 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+67 Students
- B+65 Students
- B-61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.25 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.25 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 56 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Fairport Senior High School
- AVictor Senior High School
- Victor Central School District, NY
- 227 reviews
- A+Penfield Senior High School
- Penfield Central School District, NY
- 254 reviews
- AHoneoye Falls-Lima Senior High School
- Honeoye Falls-Lima Central School District, NY
- 129 reviews
- AThomas High School
- Webster Central School District, NY
- 140 reviews
Fairport Senior High School Reviews
This school, as well as the overall district exemplifies an immense amount of diversity and care. Each staff member takes time out of each day to get to know every student and prepare them with the next steps. There are courses like Transitions, that teach seniors to prepare and understand college from several alumni, as well as lessons from several videos. We also had Brotherhood- Sisterhood week. This whole week contains lessons on care, and has the high schoolers travel to elementary schools to teach youth on C.A.R.E (Civility, Awareness, Respect, Embrace). Overall, I am very blessed to have gone through such an amazing school district that has such a dynamic way to educate students with diverse ways other than a typical teaching style.
I've had some really incredible and caring teachers at Fairport! Lacking administration often left many students struggling, however, I had no issues.
Fairport High School was a great experience for me. The teachers were friendly and genuinely invested in my success, and the guidance councilors were there to help with after high school plans and mental health. Mental health is heavily emphasized and we have students who organize various events in support of mental health awareness. We connect with not just the other students at the high school, but the middle school and elementary school kids by writing letters and visiting them. Fairport really is one big family.