Fairmont Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Fairmont, WV. It has 811 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Fairmont Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-124 Students
- B-109 Students
- B43 Students
- B-29 Students
- C+24 Students
- C22 Students
- A+16 Students
- C+15 Students
- A+14 Students
- A+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Schools like Fairmont Senior High School
- B-East Fairmont High School
- Marion County Schools, WV
- PK, K-12
- 123 reviews
- C+North Marion High School
- Marion County Schools, WV
- 88 reviews
- AMorgantown High School
- Monongalia County Schools, WV
- 287 reviews
- A-Bridgeport High School
- Harrison County Schools, WV
- 227 reviews
Fairmont Senior High School Reviews
While attending Fairmont Senior, I have accomplished so many things thanks to the support of my family, coaches, and teachers. During my freshman year of high school, I was apart of the Regional Championship Cheerleading team of 2014. In addition, I've been on the honor roll the past four years. Also, I have been accepted in West Virginia University, and our National Honors Society. I would not change one thing about the campus, or faculty! One tip I would give would be is that some of the math department teachers so go into more depth while teaching to assure that students grasp the concept confidently.
Being a student at Fairmont Senior High School is a joke. The teachers would rather belittle you for asking questions than actually help you. The students have little to no supervision, so many fights and disruptions would break out. The staff do nothing when parents ask for help for their kids, and show little to no interest in the students as individuals. The teachers spend more time giving you work with no explanation then preparing you for your future. The only good thing about Fairmont Senior was the athletics, but otherwise they are a poor excuse for an academic institution.
I transferred from Highlands Ranch in Colorado to Fairmont Senior in West Virginia. Two completely different schools; it was my sophomore year and i've never been so nervous. I was the "new girl" and they didn't get those often so all eyes were on me and i was very unsteady with that. but surprisingly everyone was so welcoming and kind hearted to me. I've been to so many schools in my life and the people here are by far one of the best. One thing i would like to see happen is there is not a big theatre program, we don't have a budget; which makes it hard for us to go to competition and i am personally in theatre and a lot of people are and it's a struggle to do some things without having a budget. But my favorite part is the school spirit! Everyone is always wearing blue and white, our school colors. We have assembly's to pump up our football players and our principle is very involved also. Fairmont Senior Highschool is one of the best schools you can go to.