Fairland High School is an above average, public school located in Proctorville, OH. It has 388 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Fairland High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-116 Students
- A-86 Students
- A+66 Students
- A56 Students
- C+35 Students
- A-28 Students
- B-24 Students
- C22 Students
- A-20 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Fairland High School
- BPaul G. Blazer High School
- Ashland Independent Schools, KY
- 119 reviews
- CSymmes Valley High School
- Symmes Valley Local School District, OH
- 24 reviews
- B-South Point High School
- South Point Local School District, OH
- 45 reviews
- C+Boyd County High School
- Boyd County Public Schools, KY
- 100 reviews
Fairland High School Reviews
This is a great school with great teachers that get you ready for College! The teachers here are here for the students and not for themselves! If a student wants to learn, they will pass! The student feels involved in activities and the culture and the school! Overall, the school is one of the best in the area... All thanks to the amazing teachers!
Fairland is a small school so all of your teachers know you personally, which makes it easier to obtain help when you need it. Fairland also offers free classes through Ohio University which helps for college readiness. Due to Fairland being in the "rich" district, we do not receive a lot of state funded money so we have poor resources. Furthermore football and basketball are the main sports that are focused on; I would like to see more inclusion into other sports.
I loved the teachers! I had a very good relationship with most of them and they were always eager to help in anyway they could, school or otherwise. It was always well kept. I never ate the school lunches so I can't speak for those. I wish there could have been more AP courses offered, but they're working to help that situation as best they can, considering it's a small school. Overall, Fairland was a great school to attend.