Fairfield Warde High School is a highly rated, public school located in Fairfield, CT. It has 1,518 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Fairfield Warde High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-204 Students
- A+96 Students
- A-83 Students
- B+74 Students
- A-68 Students
- A+67 Students
- A+65 Students
- A65 Students
- B-63 Students
- A+60 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 86 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Fairfield Warde High School
- AFairfield Ludlowe High School
- Fairfield School District, CT
- 237 reviews
- AMasuk High School
- Monroe School District, CT
- 190 reviews
- ATrumbull High School
- Trumbull Public Schools, CT
- 520 reviews
- ANewtown High School
- Newtown School District, CT
- 430 reviews
Fairfield Warde High School Reviews
I enjoyed my four years at Fairfield Warde High School because I think it provides excellent education with amazing teachers and has lots of diversity. There was no feeling of being an outcast at this school because of the wide range of student backgrounds and personalities which made the high school experience very comfortable. The things that I would like to see change are already in progress for next year. Warde has recently updated the classes a student can take in high school to further ready themselves for college such as a medical calculations class. Overall, Fairfield Warde is an outstanding high school and I would love to have my own children become educated there as well.
This school has done well for me. The teachers are amazing, the facilities are well-maintained, and the climate/atmosphere in general is great. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and development at the school, as you can always get assistance from teachers to the counselors on campus. Sports is a big deal: while we weren’t the best, the amount of sports provided gives a wide variety from students to select from. Diversity, while not the greatest, is better than expected in such a region. Best time and would highly recommend this school over Fairfield Ludlowe.
As an honors student at Warde, I can say that I have enjoyed my time here and hope that others have the same experiences that I have had in the future. The teachers that I have had in the English and History department have been my mentors and been some of the kindest people I have ever met. Teachers in the math and science department have been okay, but not the greatest. They weren't exactly life-changing, but they have been helpful at times. As for after school activities, I am happy with the clubs I am in, although, it can sometimes feel like you need to make a commitment freshman year on what sports or activities you choose. Overall, I have been very happy at Warde.