Fairfield Warde High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-170 Students
- A+80 Students
- A-64 Students
- A+59 Students
- A+59 Students
- B+58 Students
- A58 Students
- A+57 Students
- B-55 Students
- A-52 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 67 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.42 responses
Schools like Fairfield Warde High School
- AFairfield Ludlowe High School
- Fairfield School District, CT
- 226 reviews
- AMasuk High School
- Monroe School District, CT
- 174 reviews
- ATrumbull High School
- Trumbull Public Schools, CT
- 491 reviews
- ANewtown High School
- Newtown School District, CT
- 416 reviews
Fairfield Warde High School Reviews
This school has done well for me. The teachers are amazing, the facilities are well-maintained, and the climate/atmosphere in general is great. There are a lot of opportunities for growth and development at the school, as you can always get assistance from teachers to the counselors on campus. Sports is a big deal: while we weren’t the best, the amount of sports provided gives a wide variety from students to select from. Diversity, while not the greatest, is better than expected in such a region. Best time and would highly recommend this school over Fairfield Ludlowe.
Fairfield Warde is an overall good public school. There is a wide array of electives available, spreading from culinary arts to business, which allows students to be exposed to a variety of subjects and pursue their interests. An honors track is offered for all core subjects, and many AP courses are available to challenge the ambitious student. Teachers are generally helpful and aim for the growth of each student. There is a selection of clubs and sports available for students to partake in, and as long as a student is interested there would be an activity available for them. The food, however, is repetitive and perpetuates the stereotype of poor school food. Additionally, the foreign language curriculum is lacking compared to the rest of the school. Overall though, it's a good school.
I feel like overall I had a great experience at Warde, however I wish that I had had more liberty with my schedule earlier on. The first few years I wasn't able to really choose what kinds of classes I could take -- I just needed to fulfill a bunch of requirements. In the end I ended up missing out on taking a bunch of classes I wish I could have taken. I had a completely full schedule all four years, but couldn't fit in AP Studio Art, or AP Statistics, or AP Computer Science -- like I wish I could have.