Fairfield Warde High School is a top rated, public school located in Fairfield, CT. It has 1,498 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Fairfield Warde High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A295 Students
- A+142 Students
- A-107 Students
- A-106 Students
- B104 Students
- A+90 Students
- A+86 Students
- B-86 Students
- A85 Students
- B83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 90 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Fairfield Warde High School
- A+Fairfield Ludlowe High School
- Fairfield School District, CT
- 250 reviews
- AMasuk High School
- Monroe School District, CT
- 205 reviews
- ATrumbull High School
- Trumbull Public Schools, CT
- 565 reviews
- ANewtown High School
- Newtown School District, CT
- 470 reviews
Fairfield Warde High School Reviews
It's a very welcoming, academic, respectful, dynamic, and ethical school - that's the Warde acronym! And it stands true. Faculty and staff do a great job at ensuring these qualities in the high school and enforcing rules. The rules are strict, but students still have so much freedom to be themselves in this school. The teachers only want the best for their students, and in the situation where a teacher is unreliable, guidance counselors are always another friendly face that students can turn to.
I liked the focus on improving the academic side of Fairfield Warde High School. For example, critical thinking started being emphasized a couple years ago. The clubs, activities, and facilities are also very advanced. We have a classroom that includes unique aspects such as white board tables, computer monitors that connect to your laptop, and smart-boards. This allows students to be creative in group work and flexible in learning styles and habits. Our school is passionate in expanding opportunities for students to learn in new ways and think critically.
After spending 4 years at Warde, I can say that as a college freshman I am thankful for those 4 years. I learned so much as a student and as a person. I made personal connections with many of my teachers and felt that I had adults in my life that I could go to for more then just my academic work. The arts programs in Fairfield are among some of the best in the state and being a part of the Warde Music department for 4 years proved that to me. Being able to perform in multiple choir and acappella groups gave me a well rounded academic and extra-curricular experience. I still go back to support my friends and my younger brother that is still in the department as an alum.