Fairfield Union High School is a public school located in Lancaster, OH. It has 627 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Fairfield Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-71 Students
- A+53 Students
- C+45 Students
- A-24 Students
- B-15 Students
- B15 Students
- C-13 Students
- A13 Students
- B+12 Students
- C+11 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesA-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Fairfield Union High School
- B-Logan High School
- Logan-Hocking Local School District, OH
- 74 reviews
- BBloom-Carroll High School
- Bloom-Carroll Local School District, OH
- 92 reviews
- B-Watkins Memorial High School
- Southwest Licking Local School District, OH
- 181 reviews
- B-Lakewood High School
- Lakewood Local School District, OH
- 80 reviews
Fairfield Union High School Reviews
Fairfield Union High School has a lot of pros and cons. It is completely surrounded by corn fields and cow pastures. It is a very tight knit school and it is great to be a part of falcon country. Alothough all of this is true, Fairfield Union is not the best when it comes to sports. We aren’t successful in many sports and a lot of students have quit and/ or stopped playing for this reason. Getting better coaches I think will help up the system and improve the success within Fairfield Union.
Overall, I love Fairfield Union. It's not a large school, but the only problem that brings is less access to resources and money. We do fine with what we have, though. AP courses are available, and there are plenty of sports and clubs. If we had more resources we could have a lot more. The school is in a pretty rural area, so diversity is fairly low, but racist behavior is rare. Teachers are there to help you, and most do an excellent job, although some of their teaching styles aren't the best for everyone. Common school problems such as bullying and drugs occur, but are far from prevalent. Everything is kept clean and our school building is fairly new. Unfortunately, we do suffer from low quality cafeteria food like many other schools. School spirit depends on who you talk to, but it's good overall. All in all, it's a very good school, and I'm very glad I go here.
Fairfield Union High School would benefit greatly from a little more guidance and connection to the "real world" and what it means to exist there today, in modern life. Much of my education was based in the past and upon graduation, I quickly realized how LITTLE I actually knew. More specifically, I would like to see a better focus on taxes, what they are, and how to actually do them. I would also like to see more initiation around customer service development and interview skills, as a large majority of the graduating force will be going into the workforce immediately after high school. I feel this would better prepare students to take on the challenges of the real world while simultaneously preparing them to further their education beyond that of a high school diploma/GED.