Fairfield Area High School is a public school located in Fairfield, PA. It has 337 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Fairfield Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+26 Students
- A24 Students
- B-22 Students
- B-22 Students
- B19 Students
- B13 Students
- B+13 Students
- A-12 Students
- A-11 Students
- C+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Fairfield Area High School
- B-Waynesboro Area Senior High School
- Waynesboro Area School District, PA
- 199 reviews
- BLittlestown Senior High School
- Littlestown Area School District, PA
- 88 reviews
- BCatoctin High School
- Frederick County Public Schools, MD
- 127 reviews
- BBiglerville High School
- Upper Adams School District, PA
- 112 reviews
Fairfield Area High School Reviews
Most of the teachers at Fairfield Area High School that I've had or met were great to work with and have helped me tremendously. Their teaching styles are usually engaging and involve open discussion with the students. All of the teachers I've had were highly knowledgeable about the topic they were teaching, especially the math, science, and literature teachers. The teachers are able to help students with questions and problems in a way that encouraged learning, rather than just answering a question. The teachers generally take an interest in the students, and are friendly and available for academic assistance. They communicate well with students, and usually answer emails about school questions promptly and helpfully or make time to help. Across the board, teachers grade fairly consistently within their own classes; for example, one teacher might grade things more harshly in all the classes that they teach than another teacher might grade in all their classes. Overall, I like the teachers at Fairfield Area High School, and some of them I'm sad to no longer have classes with.
I think my whole high school experience was great. I loved all of my teachers and the custodian/cafeteria staff. I would love to see the school work on bullying just a little bit more. Although there is not a lot of bullying, i think we can always improve to make our school feel even safer.
I have been a student at Fairfield since Kindergarden and have lived in the area my whole life. I am going to be a junior this fall. Fairfield is a very small school as my graduating class of 2019 has around 98 students. The school is mainly white students with 5 black students. The office staff are amazing and the principal is very nice and you often see him coming to support the school in all of its involvements including football games.