Fairbury Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Fairbury, NE. It has 389 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A38 Students
- B+27 Students
- B25 Students
- B20 Students
- B+19 Students
- C+17 Students
- B-16 Students
- A-13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Fairbury Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I've loved my four years at Fairbury High School, but when I really think about it I feel like it was just average at best. I've had some amazing teachers and I've made some great connections, but I never felt like the school was very suited for me. If you're an athletic white kid who wants to be a doctor or a farmer, Fairbury is the place for you. I've never been into sports and I want to major in English in college, and there really just wasn't much for me to do. There are two advanced English programs in the school, but they're basically pointless since we've undergone scheduling changes and now if you want to take the Honors English classes, you still have to take the regular, less advanced classes anyways. I could also take journalism. There have just never been many classes offered that have made me want to attend school, want to learn, which I think is the school's biggest downfall.
In Fairbury Jr.-Sr. High School, there is more bad things than good. For instance, there's no diversity. It's a primary white school, which I believe isn't good when it comes to students learning how to interact with others. Though that's not the schools fault. But something that is the school and administration's fault, is they have poor reactions and discipline when it comes to bullies. My good friend was bullied her entire high school career. There was really only one teacher that ever did anything about it. Because the bully was in sports, they basically gave him a slap on the wrist and let him off the hook.
I had a good time in high school, but the school district really struggles with truancy and drug problems. School administration struggled with disciplinary actions against students. I also wish FHS offered more advanced classes and AP classes with more qualified teachers.