Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade C
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade C
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Fairbanks High School is an above average, public school located in Milford Center, OH. It has 346 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Fairbanks High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+103 Students
- grade A minus72 Students
- grade A minus49 Students
- grade B47 Students
- grade A minus39 Students
- grade A minus31 Students
- grade B minus30 Students
- grade B25 Students
- grade B24 Students
- grade B23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade A
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responses
- Football games16%
- Senior picinic12%
- Senior skip day12%
- Basketball games8%
- Homecoming Week8%
- Senior Trip8%
- Track meets8%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,425 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 12 responses
Schools like Fairbanks High School
- grade C+Triad High School
- Triad Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.09 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade B+Marysville High School
- Marysville Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 338 reviews
- grade B minusMechanicsburg High School
- Mechanicsburg Exempted Village School District, OH
- Rating 3.26 out of 5 54 reviews
- grade B minusWest Jefferson High School
- Jefferson Local School District, OH
- Rating 3.2 out of 5 70 reviews
Fairbanks High School Reviews
Rating 3.44 out of 5 82 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I moved to Fairbanks in the 7th grade, which was pretty intimidating going from 4 kids in my class to 90, but Fairbanks did a great job at making me feel welcome. I have enjoyed my time at Fairbanks, but there are definite improvements that could be made. Our science department is not much of a science department at all, in all of my science classes I feel like I have not been properly taught the material, which will harm me in the future as I plan to go into a stem field. The school is also an old school and needs some major repairs, being that one of my fondest memories from there is a water heater exploding in one of my classes and completely soaking the floor. Fairbanks is not a diverse school, it is a small school in a country region where it is affectionately called "Farmbanks" due to the kids attending. However, Fairbanks does have some bright spots with the close staff to student ratios in order to get individual help and there is a good History and English program.
Wonderful administration, caring teachers, and a fantastic school community that extends beyond the classroom walls.
I am a current student and there are bugs crawling on the floor in the dead of winter. The hallways are a boiling mess, overcrowded and pushing 90 degrees. All teachers are pals but some cannot teach. School lunches are not gourmet. The lack of diversity is evident.