Fairbanks High School is an above average, public school located in Milford Center, OH. It has 345 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Fairbanks High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+69 Students
- A-44 Students
- A29 Students
- B28 Students
- A-22 Students
- C+20 Students
- B19 Students
- B+15 Students
- A-14 Students
- B+13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Fairbanks High School
- C+Triad High School
- Triad Local School District, OH
- 30 reviews
- BMarysville High School
- Marysville Exempted Village School District, OH
- 317 reviews
- C+Mechanicsburg High School
- Mechanicsburg Exempted Village School District, OH
- 46 reviews
- B-West Jefferson High School
- Jefferson Local School District, OH
- 68 reviews
Fairbanks High School Reviews
I am proud to say that the teachers at my school are some of the best any student could ask for. While being very intelligent, they seek to make their knowledge understandable by students. Overall, classroom experiences are not only comfortable and educational, but alao engaging. Even a fact based class can be enjoyable! My favorite part about my teachers is how they actually genuinely care about their students. A teenager isn't just a pupil to teach in class and forget about afterwards. Teachers at Fairbanks High School enjoy conversing with students and getting to know more about their lives, activities, and ideas. I used to be homeschooled, and a huge part of how easy my transition into public school was how kind and caring my teachers are.
At Fairbanks, the exceed expectations with how great the teachers and atmosphere is for the small package it comes in. The budget is smaller than other schools which hinders Fairbanks' ability to update things such as lockers and parking lots but they accel in all ways that are possible for them. The people of the community is what makes Fairbanks great, with the addition of modern resources and facilities, the school would be ideal.
When most American teenagers think about their high school, they picture girl drama, weird teachers, division between the "cool" kids and the nerds, or that science test they forgot to study for. Most likely, they are not thinking about the coffee shop the Fairbanks FCCLA runs that serves amazing cinnamon rolls, the incredible drama club, now working on "High School Musical," which is following their wonderful "Annie" performance, or the corn fields they pass on the way to their old building, now 60 years of age and practically falling apart. Fairbanks High School students are not only part of a unique farm-school environment, but they also create an original school culture that supports simple kindness, community service, and academic success, despite their worn, brick building falling apart at the seams.