Fair Lawn High School is a top rated, public school located in Fair Lawn, NJ. It has 1,409 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Fair Lawn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A236 Students
- B+169 Students
- B131 Students
- A127 Students
- A+118 Students
- A+96 Students
- B+79 Students
- A+78 Students
- A+73 Students
- C+71 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 72 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.58 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.58 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.62 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.62 responses
Schools like Fair Lawn High School
- AParamus High School
- Paramus Public Schools, NJ
- PK, 9-12
- 235 reviews
- ANanuet Senior High School
- Nanuet Union Free School District, NY
- 88 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 190 reviews
- ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- 156 reviews
Fair Lawn High School Reviews
Location is great because it is walking distance to River Road where there are a few places to go out for lunch. On top of that, those who drive can easily get onto the main highway where there are promenades. About the teachers, there seems to be a mix. There are very few who have a passion for teaching and educating their students, few who teach well but hate what they do, many who are subpar at teaching but generally have an okay attitude, and some who hate teaching and have the worst attitude. So overall, the teachers are okay. The best janitors! So friendly and helpful.
I love how Fair Lawn High School offers a variety of interesting class for all areas of expertise, whether you are in CP, Honor or AP classes. Also, the several athletics programs are definitely a rewarding part of high school and teach you teamwork and leadership skills that are valuable for the future. Lastly, there are many amazing clubs to join that are fun and can definitely boost your college application. Overall, Fair Lawn High School is a great school that teaches students the academics and the fundamentals to being an active part of society.
Fair Lawn High School has a staff and administration that truly care about the well-being of their students. Not only do they guide us through our classes and our future, but they also maintain our safety and attend to us to the best of their abilities. From the principal to the janitors, regardless of their roles, all the staff and administration undoubtedly provide us with the best circumstances. I only wish other students could appreciate it as much as they should.