Fair Lawn High School is an elite, public school located in Fair Lawn, NJ. It has 1,409 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 69% in reading.
Fair Lawn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A204 Students
- B146 Students
- B110 Students
- A106 Students
- A+100 Students
- A+83 Students
- A+72 Students
- B+69 Students
- C68 Students
- A+58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 68 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Schools like Fair Lawn High School
- AParamus High School
- Paramus Public Schools, NJ
- PK, 9-12
- 228 reviews
- ANanuet Senior High School
- Nanuet Union Free School District, NY
- 86 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 187 reviews
- ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- 156 reviews
Fair Lawn High School Reviews
Throughout my four years at Fair Lawn High School I was involved in a multitude of clubs, sports, and high-level classes. I saw first-hand the aptitude of the school's teachers and club-leaders who were relentless in teaching and assisting students run clubs, respectively. The administration always does what is best for the students safety, and all its members are very cooperative and supportive of all their students' ventures. The guidance department is excellent as well in its assisting of seniors find paths after high school. Speaking to the academics, there are very rigorous courses at Fair Lawn High School that allow students to test their limits and expand their horizons across a breadth of fields. Amazing school.
FLHS is a good school overall but it has its flaws. It is hard to move into honors math if you are not already on the honors track. Some classes are geared toward passing the tests and just passing the class. FLHS has terrible food but upperclassman and sophomores can leave the grounds for lunch. FLHS offers a lot of art classes they have a Mac lab, a 3D printer, many great field trips, great band, great drama club, they have a duel enrollment program to get college credit as a senior, they have a middle college credit program, they have a lot of clubs that sponser events and field trips, all kinds of honor societies , EF tour trips available for students to go on during breaks, scholarships that they offer to seniors, a lot of sports teams and a wide variety of classes to take. At the end of the day FLHS is what you make of it, you can get as involved as you want or you can detach yourself from school as much as you want too.
This school has an increasing amount of clubs that fits every student's interests, and it is easy to make one if you are unable to find one that suits you. Many members of the faculty are incredible people and often grade fairly. However, many faculty members are hired based upon just their education level, but when in a classroom environment, prove to have a lack of understanding in the subject they teach and clearly play favorites which influences their grading systems.