Fair Lawn High School is a top rated, public school located in Fair Lawn, NJ. It has 1,392 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Fair Lawn High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A303 Students
- B217 Students
- B177 Students
- A+152 Students
- A-152 Students
- B+119 Students
- A+119 Students
- A-95 Students
- A-91 Students
- A91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Schools like Fair Lawn High School
- AParamus High School
- Paramus Public School District, NJ
- PK, 9-12
- 243 reviews
- ANanuet Senior High School
- Nanuet Union Free School District, NY
- 96 reviews
- A+Sleepy Hollow High School
- Union Free School District of the Tarrytowns, NY
- 198 reviews
- ARiver Dell Regional High School
- River Dell Regional School District, NJ
- 166 reviews
Fair Lawn High School Reviews
Location is great because it is walking distance to River Road where there are a few places to go out for lunch. On top of that, those who drive can easily get onto the main highway where there are promenades. About the teachers, there seems to be a mix. There are very few who have a passion for teaching and educating their students, few who teach well but hate what they do, many who are subpar at teaching but generally have an okay attitude, and some who hate teaching and have the worst attitude. So overall, the teachers are okay. The best janitors! So friendly and helpful.
Fair Lawn High School is overall a good school. Some of the teachers go out of their way to make sure you fully understand lessons and the class. However, there is a handful that does not have daily lessons or plans or they are do not truly care about teaching and can be disrespectful to students. Most of them will be understanding of you and how you learn, but there is always a chance that you will get a teacher who does not care about their students or who do not know how to teach at a high school level. However, through clubs and sports, you'll find teachers and coaches who really strive to see you succeed and push you to your highest potential. Fair Lawn High School has lost a sense of school culture and a lot of times fails to embrace the school spirit. There should an increase in fun activities for students during the day, such as assemblies.
Fair Lawn High School has a great community of students and teachers! I truly had a great high school experience during my time here. There are countless activities to get involved with and you are sure to find your group of friends here.