Fair Haven Union High School is a public school located in Fair Haven, VT. It has 449 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Fair Haven Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-43 Students
- A-43 Students
- A+13 Students
- B10 Students
- A+10 Students
- A+9 Students
- B+8 Students
- A+7 Students
- B+7 Students
- B+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Fair Haven Union High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Fair Haven Union High School
- B+Mill River Union High School
- Mill River Schools, VT
- 29 reviews
- C+Granville Junior/Senior High School
- Granville Central School District, NY
- 40 reviews
- B+Rutland Senior High School
- Rutland City School District, VT
- 80 reviews
- CWhitehall Junior/Senior High School
- Whitehall Central School District, NY
- 36 reviews
Fair Haven Union High School Reviews
Growing up in the Fair Haven Slater community has helped me in many ways. My favorite part is how close knit our community is. There are so many community members that help us out at the high school and everyone is willing to lend a helping hand. Go Slaters!
Fair Haven Union High School is a good high school that could be a lot better. My experience with the high school has not been great, but also not horrible. The large focus of the school seems to be more on athletics rather than what every student is there for, academics. The school is also cutting honors classes which is very disappointing for many students because they wont be offered the push that they need to get into the college of their dreams. There are still good traits of this school such as bullying does not seem to be a large issue and teachers and other staff are very friendly and kind. The students also all seem to know each other and are normally very polite and respectful. Overall the school could work more on academics, but the students are a kind well spoken group.
Overall it's not like any other high school, here at FHUHS the teachers will push you towards excellence and want to see you make progress over your 4 years here. I loved the social interactions and acceptance among peers. The only thing I'd like to see change is the student's attitude towards learning and attendance.