Fabens High School is a public school located in Fabens, TX. It has 778 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Fabens High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-147 Students
- B-79 Students
- A+70 Students
- B60 Students
- A-56 Students
- A+39 Students
- B+35 Students
- C+30 Students
- A29 Students
- A-27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Fabens High School
- B-Clint High School
- Clint Independent School District, TX
- 125 reviews
- B-San Elizario High School
- San Elizario Independent School District, TX
- 84 reviews
- BEastlake High School
- Socorro Independent School District, TX
- 355 reviews
- B+Del Valle High School
- Ysleta Independent School District, TX
- 258 reviews
Fabens High School Reviews
As someone who has attended the school I can definitely say there is room for improvement. But that doesn’t mean that Fabens High School is completely bad. I have experienced many hood things, and have been fortunate to have different opportunities like being in the early college program. Every school however could always use a bit of improvement wether we want to admit it or not.
Fabens High School is filled with strict Hispanic cultured people, in a way closed minded towards people who are in the LGBT+ community and people who aren't "normal". The faculty is alright, they started to combine Cotton Valley Early College with the High School which resulted in multiple amazing open minded professors leaving.
School is great, much can be done to make it even better! My experience here has made me ready for college and ultimately ready for life. From academics to sports, this school is good but improvement can be made. Teachers do care about students. It’s great to be able to attend a great school and I’m proud to be able to attend.