Exeter High School is a highly rated, public school located in Exeter, NH. It has 1,734 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 55% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Exeter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-357 Students
- A-126 Students
- A+124 Students
- A+114 Students
- B-83 Students
- A+68 Students
- B-64 Students
- B63 Students
- B62 Students
- A57 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.46 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.51 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.51 responses
Schools like Exeter High School
- B+Marshwood High School
- Regional School Unit No. 35 (MSAD 35), ME
- 108 reviews
- A-Winnacunnet High School
- Public School
- Hampton, NH
- 138 reviews
- APortsmouth High School
- Portsmouth School District, NH
- 130 reviews
- B+Pentucket Regional Senior High School
- Pentucket Public Schools, MA
- 129 reviews
Exeter High School Reviews
This school, albeit large, is very incorporating. There are an abundance of extracurricular activities such as sports and clubs. There is also a wide variety of electives students can partake in. The academics are fairly challenging, yet extremely rewarding. Great school!
As an alum of EHS and the sibling of a current student, I can say that this high school does a good job preparing student for universities if the student has the drive and dedication to do well. While the teachers and other faculty members do their best to give opportunities to all students, they leave it up to the individual teenagers to take up those opportunities available to them. The academic assistance programs are helpful and involved in the progress of the students and try to actively involve parents in the IEP process.
My family moved to this school district years ago to ensure we recieved the best education they could provide. I graduated over a decade ago, so I can't speak to recent changes, but most of us never realized how lucky we were until moving away from this rural area and understanding what an average or acceptable school really implies. Most of us were pushed to succeed, lived in a safe environment, and went on to college. I was challenged more at Exeter high than I ever was in college. This was a sad realization, but reflects the fact most high schools don't prepare students anywhere near the level Exeter does.