Excelsior Springs High School is a public school located in Excelsior Springs, MO. It has 791 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Excelsior Springs High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B54 Students
- B+47 Students
- A39 Students
- C34 Students
- B34 Students
- B+33 Students
- B-30 Students
- NG29 Students
- A17 Students
- A-15 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Schools like Excelsior Springs High School
- C-Excelsior Springs Technical High School
- Excelsior Springs School District, MO
- 6 reviews
- C+Richmond High School
- Richmond R-XVI School District, MO
- 69 reviews
- BFort Osage High School
- Fort Osage R-I School District, MO
- 195 reviews
- BKearney High School
- Kearney R-I School District, MO
- 180 reviews
Excelsior Springs High School Reviews
I loved my teachers most of all! They were always there for me and made sure to challenge their students in the best way possible! I did not like the grading system though and I felt slightly cheated being a 4.0 student but forced to accept a 3.86. I took and did well in 5 AP classes. Student motivation is also a problem in my school and not many students want to put in the effort to work hard.
I think my experience overall was pretty great. The teachers were very nice and helpful, there were numerous opportunities to excel and take advanced classes, and the teachers and staff strove to create a positive experience for the students.
I have found this High School to offer my children excellent opportunities in academics, sports, and after school activities. The fine arts programs are building and one day I hope to see stringed instruments added in the program.The counselors are extremely helpful. Most of their teacher students have become life long mentors. Glad to be apart of this school community.